Group Buy: 80/450 Welded aluminum expedition Roof Racks, Drawers, Gull Wings & Tailgate Storage (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Received my drawer system. So far it looks great.

This may be a stupid question, but do I leave the carpet in or take the carpet out?
Pic please. Can't wait for mine-stuck at expeditor warehouse because there's no driver today.

Received my drawer system. So far it looks great.

This may be a stupid question, but do I leave the carpet in or take the carpet out?
Charles, you can leave the carpet in if you prefer that but the instructions call for removing it.

I just sent everyone the instructions as it appears both 80s and GX460's left without printed instructions in the otherwise awesome packaging. We will nip that oversight in the bud moving forward.

Mine sits on top of the carpet. It does make it a bit tricky to install the rear left and right mounts through the OEM holes as you need to make a small incision in the carpet to get the bolts through to secure the drawer in the rear (i.e. near the tailgate) but I prefer that for my install.

Charles, you can leave the carpet in if you prefer that but the instructions call for removing it.

I just sent everyone the instructions as it appears both 80s and GX460's left without printed instructions in the otherwise awesome packaging. We will nip that oversight in the bud moving forward.

Mine sits on top of the carpet. It does make it a bit tricky to install the rear left and right mounts through the OEM holes as you need to make a small incision in the carpet to get the bolts through to secure the drawer in the rear (i.e. near the tailgate) but I prefer that for my install.
Awesome. Got the email with the instructions. Couldn’t be happier with the product and the customer service during this group buy.

Awesome. Got the email with the instructions. Couldn’t be happier with the product and the customer service during this group buy.
I aim to please and I hustle but I will make mistakes and will fix 'em - this community has been amazing in their support for our launch on here!

Sorry I missed this post. Yes we have gray and black kits available for the 80.
Don't know if it to late, but I would prefer gray on my tailgate kit.
Thanks Broski

Was there an email sent out for those of us who are picking up in HTX? I didn't receive one. Also @RuggedBound I sent you a PM about adding a 50L titlting fridge slide, but it probably got lost in the shuffle. Let me know what my next steps should be. Glad to hear people really like their kits!

Any tailgate storage for 80 series still available at group buy price? If so, I'm interested in buying one. Let me know please and the colors available. Thanks.

Was there an email sent out for those of us who are picking up in HTX? I didn't receive one. Also @RuggedBound I sent you a PM about adding a 50L titlting fridge slide, but it probably got lost in the shuffle. Let me know what my next steps should be. Glad to hear people really like their kits!
Adam, yes I sent out the emails - if I missed you I am very sorry. Will call you in the AM to discuss options and work out logistics with you.

50L tilt slides are sold out but more arriving June.

I came home to my tailgate storage box. OMG was it packaged great! Took me a long time to get it unwrapped, I can honestly say it's the most well packaged thing I've ever received in the mail! Really mad I didn't get drawers now...lol

Great job with the group buy!

My 1993 FZJ80 does not have the secured point for the drawer system in the picture (circled). Am I missing something here? I cut a slit on the carpet and did not see the threaded hole to secure the side-front brackets.

20210503_152626[1].jpg

Finally had some time to go pick mine up today. Haven’t yet broke into it, but looks to be very well packaged.

Got a kick out of this

5E88350A-8E25-4085-AF96-51887DB10052.jpeg

Hmm... not sure why it’s sideways.

Im looking into drilling a hole and using a nut from the bottom to secure the sides. Will update.
I have a 1994, same situation.

PXL_20210503_232444009.jpg

PXL_20210503_232446418.jpg

Ok, maybe the ear's on the wrong side in this picture, but you get the idea. No hole either way.

man, all of us that were slow to order or missed it are kicking ourselves! well, that and maybe a little drool from me.
can't wait to see everyones photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom