2021 4x4 Labs group buy info. (March 15-30) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all,
Hello all. As Mike said I'm now a part of this thread. I'm looking at the list of parts above and it gives me a good picture of what we will be looking at so I can start getting some of the less common parts in stock (bike racks etc). It sure would be good to know what some of these bumpers are for. I'll be creating a code and it will go live on March 15th and run through March 31st. After that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to put kits together. Realistically it will be between 3 and 4 weeks. There is a note section that you can write in. Please use that and let us know what part of the buy you are going to be (eg: SoCal group ship). Built bumpers and sliders are currently 16 weeks lead time from date of order. Built bumpers will get the group discount for the build but shipping will be just your bumper, nobody else can fit on the pallet. Regards for now - Simon. PS You can call me at 530-913-4713 if you have questions. Please let me know you are part of this group buy if you do.
Hi guys, Simon from 4x4Labs here again. I just got off the phone with Mike discussing the price increase on the website before the group buy takes place. Prices on steel went up by 20% on January 1st, 2021. We tried our best to see if we could absorb that increase but we found that we could not. In addition, if the prices had not been changed before this group buy we would be at a negative with every purchase with the 10% off.

Therefore, rather than cancelling the group buy all together we are still going to offer you all 10% off but on the new prices.

Also, please be aware that we will also be adjusting shipping prices as those have also gone up drastically for us, especially fuel surcharges and CA compliance charges. Fuel prices are going through the roof in California. We do not make money on the shipping, but we do have to cover costs.

Lastly, if you don't mind please use the shop number 530-477-0140 if you want to talk kits or have questions. The previous number was mistakenly put up and it is my personal cell phone.

Anyone checked his site lately? pretty sure pricing changed... at least on my setup.
What kind of change did you notice? That's a pretty serious statement to make given this only days away. If this actually is the case maybe we can get some clarification from the 4x4Labs.
Edit: Posted a minute after Simon's clarification.

What kind of change did you notice? That's a pretty serious statement to make given this only days away. If this actually is the case maybe we can get some clarification from the 4x4Labs.
See above

read above post

@4x4labs , I have called and texted to see about 73 series bumpers, is that still something you offer as it is not on the website.

In the interest of 4x4labs having to order parts for these builds, I'm rescinding my order.

Wow the silence is deafening...I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I got had by a bait and switch...been 3 mos since price change on material and ya wait till the last minute to do your figures.

Wow the silence is deafening...I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I got had by a bait and switch...been 3 mos since price change on material and ya wait till the last minute to do your figures.

It's unfortunate timing for sure, but I'm staying in, they aren't going to get cheaper (nor is any other company) and the savings is still there when I get a kit and cheap shipping. I guess it just is what it is.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Hi guys, Simon from 4x4Labs here again. I just got off the phone with Mike discussing the price increase on the website before the group buy takes place. Prices on steel went up by 20% on January 1st, 2021. We tried our best to see if we could absorb that increase but we found that we could not. In addition, if the prices had not been changed before this group buy we would be at a negative with every purchase with the 10% off.

Therefore, rather than cancelling the group buy all together we are still going to offer you all 10% off but on the new prices.

Also, please be aware that we will also be adjusting shipping prices as those have also gone up drastically for us, especially fuel surcharges and CA compliance charges. Fuel prices are going through the roof in California. We do not make money on the shipping, but we do have to cover costs.

Lastly, if you don't mind please use the shop number 530-477-0140 if you want to talk kits or have questions. The previous number was mistakenly put up and it is my personal cell phone.
You have to understand that. China put it to us and the price of steel just went up in a gigantic way. Can't expect a company to take it in the britches like that. Luke and his crew have to feed their families as well.

There are plenty of options, Dissent, Coastal, NWTrail, I'll take my business elsewhere based strictly on principle!

There are plenty of options, Dissent, Coastal, NWTrail, I'll take my business elsewhere based strictly on principle!

Ok, we got it. No need to beat a dead horse.

...and I think you'll find that the higher steel prices have impacted everyone, especially any vendors that are going to be cleaned out of their existing steel inventory by a large quantity of new orders. From what I've seen, this group buy idea didn't originate from the vendor, and their decision to offer the discount was helpful to those wanting their products with or without a price increase in their raw materials. We're paying them for their knowledge, expertise and labor, the steel price is a passthrough for them. Bottom line: For me, I understand that their costs are going up, their product is well regarded, and I'm thankful for the discount.

I heard the discount code will be posted on page 16-22 of the 70-Series forum. Everyone keep checking the 70-Series forum tomorrow!

Bravo sir. You're hired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom