Builds Tagged '67 LV build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to the pictures! I'm doing a-ok: staying safe, staying positive.

As for the LV, I'm chipping away at the endless metal work. Here's a project summary in 5 words: "cut, shape, weld, grind...repeat".

Been a minute since I posted. Had a bit of a lull in activity, but things are picking up now and I'll start getting some photos out soon.

In the meantime wanted to share something I thought was pretty cool. Found some markings on the inside of the cargo panels (markings may not be what they are, looks more like Gifu used a grease pencil, which for 50 years prevented surface rust on that area). Looks like my rig was USA #764!!! Which sounds about right if there were 1,000 imported and mine is a model year '66. Anyone speak Japanese? Would love to know what the symbol means! Shop has taken lots of photos to document location, size, etc. of these marking will full intent to replicate after painting.

Any help translating appreciated!

1- USA on inside cargo panel.jpg
2 - 764 and Japanes script on inside cargo panel markings.jpg

Been a minute since I posted. Had a bit of a lull in activity, but things are picking up now and I'll start getting some photos out soon.

In the meantime wanted to share something I thought was pretty cool. Found some markings on the inside of the cargo panels (markings may not be what they are, looks more like Gifu used a grease pencil, which for 50 years prevented surface rust on that area). Looks like my rig was USA #764!!! Which sounds about right if there were 1,000 imported and mine is a model year '66. Anyone speak Japanese? Would love to know what the symbol means! Shop has taken lots of photos to document location, size, etc. of these marking will full intent to replicate after painting.

Any help translating appreciated!

View attachment 2560210View attachment 2560211
I have a Japanese friend. I'll send him the picture and see what he says

I think that symbol means "post more pictures please" :rofl: (sorry, the pandemic is slowly rotting my brain)

Seriously, there is a Japanese older couple that walk in my neighborhood....I will ask them what the symbol means...

That is too cool. When I pulled the rotted headliner down from my LV it had a wood trim around the edges with Japanese characters written in pencil all around it.

Door hardware repair requires resourcefulness and a sharp eye. Proving once agin you never throw LV parts away; used part from a broken-in-half catch to repair another that was otherwise fine. Look closely at pics 4 and 5! Took a while to figure out that small amount of wear was preventing full engagement; a rattle in waiting found and fixed!!

4a doors etc IMG_8298.jpeg

4b IMG_8299.jpeg

4c IMG_8300.jpeg

4d IMG_8341.jpeg

4e IMG_8342.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom