Builds Tagged '67 LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Epoxy, bake and spray.

Frame 8.jpeg

Frame 9.jpeg

Frame 10.jpeg

Frame 11.jpeg

Also need a little help on my tin cup master cylinder refresh project. Hopefully someone has an early master cylinder that's past its prime but still has a few parts that I need - bracket for attaching to pedal, threaded rod cover and the little vent cover for the tin cup cap - see pics. More than happy to pay for your time rummaging around as well as the parts. I'll post a wanted ad, but figured I'd have a little better chance of being taken seriously here - where my stock mania is on full display - than out there. Thanks

tin cup 1.jpeg

Tin cup 2.jpg

tin cup 3.jpg

tin cup 4.jpg

tin cup 5.jpg

Last edited:
Don,

Are these the belts? They are stamped TK, which are the same initials on all my early 40 series belts.
C9C0910B-F585-458C-8837-2BB96A131B05.jpeg

Hi @65swb45 Thought this was best way to get my list of miscellaneous parts needed to you. I am looking for 2 of the manifold bolts and washers that go at the ends, ten 8MM drive line bolts/nuts/washers, set of tranny tunnel bolts, one 85mm long (under head) rear engine bolt and possibly a 90mm long engine bolt.

Here are the dimensions for the 85mm rear motor mount bolt I know that I need to replace -

IMG_4388.jpg

The other bolt looks sound, but I don't know if the taper beneath the head is meant to be there or is the result of wear (looks awfully uniform to be wear). Was it made with that taper? Why? I've provided the measurements of the tapered head motor mount bolt in case it also needs replacing. Thanks

IMG_4388a.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

I will work on this as time permits Don. I was up until 8:30 last night trying to get a carb into the dip tank. There are four more in que, and two more on the way.

In the meantime, feast your eyes!

WOW! Definitely the ones!!! Holding my hand up first on those.

Understood on the timing, just trying to make sure you had what you need when my turn comes.

Call me on this please.

Don, this is the reason I elected to replace the drag link:
56CB2DAF-3687-4015-B750-E06DEBAD55A4.jpeg

Where the screw is pointing, the shock absorber rubbed itself half way through the tubing wall!

Do you want this trophy back?

Don

Got your message. Glad you're happy with the parts. As I've posted elsewhere recently, I want to take a moment to thank you and all the others who read this for continuing to support me with your business during these unprecedented times. There are a lot of businesses that are not going to survive this shutdown. But thanks to the cruiser heads on this forum, I think I will be around for some years to come. :)

It took a lot of digging to find this pulley!
C17696A9-8E0E-49F8-A86F-5C31A5915752.jpeg

The smallest one, the one on the far left , is what I’ve come across the most on the early Cruisers. Narrow belt, at least two different offsets. The one on the far right is the ‘normal’ ‘69 and newer wide-pulley type. Got a couple dozen of those.

I believe you are after the second on the right with the large diameter, small hole. It will stand the belt significantly further out from the alternator than the other early pulleys. Its centerline matches the wide pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom