Beck-Arnley = Toyota OEM supplier for some suspension components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm replacing a bunch of front end components and as part of that ordered a mix of toyota OEM vs. rock auto depending on the item. One item was new sway bar bushings mfg by Beck-Arnley. The bushings arrived in a beck-arnley box, made in japan. Inside the box, the bushing is wrapped in plastic bag, labeled EXACTLY as you would get from Toyota dealer (White label, bar-code, Toyota PN, Toyota Motor Corporation marking, etc). Never seen that done before.

So, not sure what other parts are made for Toyota by Beck-Arnley, but I'm going to guess there is quite a number of suspension parts that are.

IMG-4553.jpg

Its not so much Beck Arnley but the parent company Federal Mogul - that is now part of Tenneco and is a Toyota supplier and partner.

Federal Mogul is a just-in-time supply chain channel partner for many auto manufacturers.

I've found Intermotor to often be reboxed OEM.

Last edited:
Price difference?

I bought some beck-arnely fuel pumps on RA close out for under $20 ea and those turned out to be re-boxed Aisin (made in Japan) pumps. Same as original that came out of my tank.

Price difference?

I bought some beck-arnely fuel pumps on RA close out for under $20 ea and those turned out to be re-boxed Aisin (made in Japan) pumps. Same as original that came out of my tank.

Price for these bushings were half price as compared to Toyota discount dealer.

I'm really curious if the OEM control arms are made by beck-arnley. As the lowers are $90 (vs $330 toyota).

As a repair shop manager I can confirm that Beck-arnley sells factory parts or OEM parts in a beck-arnley box. They do not, however, make the part. I would also add that not all Beck-Arnley parts are OEM or Toyota parts. Some of their parts are just replacement parts, it’s really hit and miss. Happy shopping.

I used to buy Beck and Arnley parts for my Honda Accord and 3 out of 4 times they used to be stamped with Honda logo and part number. The remaining 20% of times they used to be cheap Chinese Junk (CCJ)!

I put on a Beck Arnley lower control arm and it fit perfectly. The welds and the tooling look top notch.
Really curious about the longevity. Could you please share your review in about 20K miles or 2 years? Also, do you take your truck off road much?

Its not so much Beck Arnley but the parent company Federal Mogul - that is now part of Tenneco and is a Toyota supplier and partner.

Federal Mogul is a just-in-time supply chain channel partner for many auto manufacturers.

I've found Intermotor to often be reboxed OEM.

I wont say how I know, but the same thing happens with certain Moog parts (same parent company), in many cases it is capacity restrictions and they are simply outsourcing and buying 555 parts.

Really curious about the longevity. Could you please share your review in about 20K miles or 2 years? Also, do you take your truck off road much?
I have the same, and offroad a bit plus I put about 20,000 miles total a year for the last two years, and its held up just fine. Beck/Arnley and Moog TRE have the same deal, its 555 in a Moog/BA box.

I have the same, and offroad a bit plus I put about 20,000 miles total a year for the last two years, and its held up just fine. Beck/Arnley and Moog TRE have the same deal, its 555 in a Moog/BA box.
I'm not advertising for AD Delco (Gold Pro Line) parts or Rock Auto. But I've been pleasantly surprised when I open the box and find a 555 or Toyota labeled-numbered part is inside.

What makes this feasible is I have the luxury of time to decide if I want to use a Delco Gold or if I decide to return or shelve it for something else. Also, my AC Delco Gold purchases are limited to items that I cannot get new OEM or the price difference is so great that it's worth giving a try. Rest assured that my all-new suspension on the Hundy is "over the top" with complete quality in mind.

Side note that Intermotor brand is in a whole different league when it comes to being reboxed OEM. I do buy Intermotor parts from places like O'Reilly or Advance (on weekends) when I just can't get OEM in a timely manner. Buying Intermotor locally costs more than I can buy OEM online. The parts stores know they have you over a barrel on those parts and command extreme prices from people who will not settle for less.

Really? What other OEM parts are hiding in plain site?

Really? What other OEM parts are hiding in plain site?
It's probably somewhat an LC thing. Aftermarket parts companies will often outsource lower volume low margin stuff, changeovers to cover a wide spectrum of parts is a huge cost penalty for aftermarket manufacturing. Plus they plan volumes by the age of the car and they dont always factor in the longevity of LC's, most aftermarket parts volume peak at 10-12 years old and then go down. Toyotas have a different bell curve most dont adjust for but the volumes are still lower compared chevy, gms, and fords.

I was looking on rock auto last night and it looks like the beck arnley outer tre’s are 555’s. Not oem but a solid manufacturer

I take it off road all the time and at speeds that make most people pucker. It has gotten some air under it from time to time on the desert roads.
Do you happen to have a part # from an invoice on those beck arnley arms? Would be interested in comparing a set to my OEM arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom