Some Noob Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, just got a clean (BC truck) 2000 LX470 bone stock. Solid frame and it appears to have been well maintained; timing belt/WP etc. It's got 320xxx kms so not terrible but getting to the point of doing some preventative maintenance. AHC doesn't work or at least it doesn't when I try to adjust it; although I hear it trying to adjust when in drive at speed. I'm guessing it doesn't like Canadian winters so I . planning on replacing it shortly. Anyhooo...

What is the best place in Canada (or to order from) to get genuine OEM parts? AutoZone? Rock Auto? Lexus/Toyota?

For peace of mind I'm probably gonna replace all plugs/coils. Question, is NGK sparks and coils gonna be fine? Or do I want OEM? Thanks.

Hello all, just got a clean (BC truck) 2000 LX470 bone stock. Solid frame and it appears to have been well maintained; timing belt/WP etc. It's got 320xxx kms so not terrible but getting to the point of doing some preventative maintenance. AHC doesn't work or at least it doesn't when I try to adjust it; although I hear it trying to adjust when in drive at speed. I'm guessing it doesn't like Canadian winters so I . planning on replacing it shortly. Anyhooo...

What is the best place in Canada (or to order from) to get genuine OEM parts? AutoZone? Rock Auto? Lexus/Toyota?

For peace of mind I'm probably gonna replace all plugs/coils. Question, is NGK sparks and coils gonna be fine? Or do I want OEM? Thanks.
Check this forum on spark plugs. Aren’t the oems reboxed denso iridium? Ngk makes good stuff too.

Plenty on here too about ahc refresh/repair. Guys getting new globes from impex well priced. CruiserTeq.com is great for a ton of things including oem parts.

Thanks! Honestly I just don't like the idea of AHC and don't want to deal with maintenance on it; call me lazy but I want a 'proper' suspension set up that regular shops can fix if need be.

I'll check out cruiser text; thanks much.

I've been reading up on the FAQ on this site as well as watching videos and other media reading; seems like I'm slowly getting an obsession with these trucks. 😂 Forgive me if I ask stupid questions because I can't find an answer here or elsewhere.

Go for it and have fun! :)

Some US dealer still have a 25% off on parts, the thread is near the top of this section.

As for searching on this site… it’s rough, I typically just use my search engine and look up “100 series ih8mud <question>” it yields the best results imo.

Swapping to traditional you’ll also have to replace the torsion bars, AHC bars are smaller than non-AHC, just an FYI if you didn’t know yet.

Parts I typically start at PartSouq (awesome for PNs) then price compare between dealer vs Impex vs Partsouq. Also depends on timeframe as impex is typically a 2 week order.

Traditional Welcome to MUD! :flipoff2:And the addiction that comes with LCs 👍

Thank you! Yes the kit I'm getting has torsion bars included (ironman nitro gas stage 2)

Just a heads-up that for most uses (save serious off-roading), no aftermarket solution will provide the quality of ride that AHC does, and once it's dialed it's quite reliable. Not trying to change your mind, but to make sure that you've considered this.

The ABCs of AHC - How to Measure, Flush, and Adjust

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too worried about ride quality as it doesn't matter to me as much as reliability/off road capabilities. (Not saying AHC isn't good off-road, I know it is great. Mine just doesn't work as intended and I'm not wanting to bother fixing it.)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too worried about ride quality as it doesn't matter to me as much as reliability/off road capabilities. (Not saying AHC isn't good off-road, I know it is great. Mine just doesn't work as intended and I'm not wanting to bother fixing it.)
It could be as easy as adjusting the torsion bars to take the excess load off of the hydraulics.

Yeah I can understand the simplicity aspect, I got an LC so no AHC, BUT 1) it is comfy (test road some LX) if it’s simply adjusting t-bars, fluid flush, even replacing globes. All will be easier than ripping and tearing it out. Once you have rotted hard lines, that’s when it goes to crap.

It does sound like you’re already doing the delete though, just tossing some AHC positive vibes.

Oh for sure; I don't have anything against AHC it's a great system when maintained it's just I kinda want a lift kit now lol and it seems overall cheaper and less headache to maintain than AHC.

NGK and Denso are both OEM for plugs. Denso is OEM for coils. Normally the best prices for parts is Partsouq, except for bigger parts. They are also pretty fast on shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom