What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made this mount for Kenwood TM-D710G Remote Head
IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg
Where did you get those lights?

Yes, they do come with the kit. Sent the Front Locker (since that's the one I put in). They are a little wider than the knockout, so trimming was required. Used a wire clothes hanger to reach into the dash and pull the harness back through.

I found these-ACC switches

Last weekend after a drive, I noticed a hot smell from the front. Crawled under to see a torn CV boot which had slung all of the grease from the outboard joint. I figured with over 200k on the original axles, rather than reboot, I should take the time to replace them both, along with new flanges, caps and gaskets. I also plan to replace my LCA bushings with poly bushings too while I'm in there... which sounds like a job from hell, but I have a sawzall, drill, map torch and air chisel, so I'm hoping it wont be too terrible. I've replaced every other rubber bit on the truck with poly over the years, but these are the only bushings that remain untouched...

I've spent this week collecting parts. Only thing I'm waiting on now is the LCA/t-bar reinforcement brackets from Cruiser Outfitters (again... while I'm in there).

Time to show this old girl some love again!

IMG_20200507_141602.jpg

From what point to what point did you shield the Fuel Lines. I want to do this but not sure which are the fuel lines and how far the fuel line shield should extend.

Why install heat shielding for the fuel lines? Is there some mod you've done that makes it necessary? I've got 215,000 miles in the heat without ever having a problem with fuel flow. Just curious.

Chris

Why install heat shielding for the fuel lines? Is there some mod you've done that makes it necessary? I've got 215,000 miles in the heat without ever having a problem with fuel flow. Just curious.

Chris
In my case I put on the heat shield to help with transferring heat from the Cat to the fuel return line , this has proven to really help with the fuel tank heat

Last weekend after a drive, I noticed a hot smell from the front. Crawled under to see a torn CV boot which had slung all of the grease from the outboard joint. I figured with over 200k on the original axles, rather than reboot, I should take the time to replace them both, along with new flanges, caps and gaskets. I also plan to replace my LCA bushings with poly bushings too while I'm in there... which sounds like a job from hell, but I have a sawzall, drill, map torch and air chisel, so I'm hoping it wont be too terrible. I've replaced every other rubber bit on the truck with poly over the years, but these are the only bushings that remain untouched...

I've spent this week collecting parts. Only thing I'm waiting on now is the LCA/t-bar reinforcement brackets from Cruiser Outfitters (again... while I'm in there).

Time to show this old girl some love again!

View attachment 2298781
Really curious of your experience with the poly bushings, once you have a few miles on them. Thanks for sharing!

Chris
In my case & experience by others, my gas in the tank started boiling on a trail in which I was struggling on; day was hot & at just a little higher altitude then normal. The solution seems to be to install a heat shield & wrap the fuel lines to help keep the gas from boiling.

But my questions still stands where are my fuel lines under the truck. And how far should I wrap the lines.

In my case & experience by others, my gas in the tank started boiling on a trail in which I was struggling on; day was hot & at just a little higher altitude then normal. The solution seems to be to install a heat shield & wrap the fuel lines to help keep the gas from boiling.

But my questions still stands where are my fuel lines under the truck. And how far should I wrap the lines.
Hmmm, I was off-roading in Sedona and Paria Canyon/ Vermilion Cliffs last year in 100+ degree heat, sometimes with all seven of us and our gear for 2200 miles. Never had that fuel issue or even heard of this. I hope for your sake it works! Looks like it should, especially if you keep some air space around the shielding.

Hmmm, I was off-roading in Sedona and Paria Canyon/ Vermilion Cliffs last year in 100+ degree heat, sometimes with all seven of us and our gear for 2200 miles. Never had that fuel issue or even heard of this. I hope for your sake it works! Looks like it should, especially if you keep some air space around the shielding.

For reference: 100 Caught fire & gas tank venting concerns. It's a thing, but it doesn't seem to affect everyone. Mine has definitely boiled as well. Replacing the evap canister and fuel cap seems to have solved it, but I won't know for sure until it's again 100+ degrees or we're at elevation.

For reference: 100 Caught fire & gas tank venting concerns. It's a thing, but it doesn't seem to affect everyone. Mine has definitely boiled as well. Replacing the evap canister and fuel cap seems to have solved it, but I won't know for sure until it's again 100+ degrees or we're at elevation.

Oh, that problem. Mine boils the fuel sometimes if I pull the boat up to high elevation. I hadn't heard of shielding fuel lines as a fix for it but I'm interested in the result.

I finally got around to replacing my broken Gen 2 Navigation DVD drive with a Gen 4 on the '02 LC. Nice to have my navigation screen back while driving!

Upgraded to King springs in the rear. Installed SPC rear lower control arms. Replaced OEM brake lines with braided steel. OEM springs and rear lower control arms are for sale in the classifieds.

Installed one of BenCC usb housings in the back of the arm rest and put the platform in. Doing some wishful thinking that camping season is here.

View attachment 2272077
View attachment 2272078
I've been wondering the same thing today. I have been neglecting my LC because I've been working with my Son on his TR7 that he bought himself at 15. I've noticed that the folks on the other side of the pond frequently clean and paint with spray cans and it doesn't seem to bother the Triumph community. I've pretty much resigned that I am going to drive mine into the ground so I'm going to paint away.

There’s a lot of factors that can cause it. Some believe it’s the combination of high elevation and high alcohol content fuel. I had this happen to me after HIH8 on Pearl Pass. Luckily I had paint protection film installed and no paint damage. We also got vapor locked on top of one of the trails during the event. Keep your engines running at high elevation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom