KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed, and love them. Definitely a must buy for a DIY'er.

Haven't decided on how I'll finish them yet. Landshark's new ratchet strap is inbound, and I'm eagerly awaiting the wing kits.

If you're on the fence, go for it!

14F8D543-6CE5-4A98-8D86-1F44E47FF116.jpeg

1DD2025B-A33B-47F2-90AC-08EBC1F943A4.jpeg

Installed, and love them. Definitely a must buy for a DIY'er.

Haven't decided on how I'll finish them yet. Landshark's new ratchet strap is inbound, and I'm eagerly awaiting the wing kits.

If you're on the fence, go for it!

View attachment 2243018
View attachment 2243019
OK..I'll bite..how much for this kit and about how many hrs to assemble and install? Thanks

$275 per set plus shipping

I didn't time the assembly, but it was approximately two beers in duration.

Thanks for the reply.....This just seems like a no brainer. I really like the Dobinsons set up but at $1100-$1200 plus shipping, its hard to justify. I'm guessing with the wing kit and carpeting and top slides I'd be all in for around $450.

$275 per set plus shipping

I didn't time the assembly, but it was approximately two beers in duration.

I couldn't figure out on the site - did you just order two drawers? Yours looks like a single top piece

I couldn't figure out on the site - did you just order two drawers? Yours looks like a single top piece

OOOH I see. You just turn the tops. Brilliant.

Yes, that is a cool design feature. I have two drawers, and in that configuration, the tops and base plates are rotated 90 degrees. It locks them together securely.

Thanks for the reply.....This just seems like a no brainer. I really like the Dobinsons set up but at $1100-$1200 plus shipping, its hard to justify. I'm guessing with the wing kit and carpeting and top slides I'd be all in for around $450.
I went with two drawers, so $550, and shipping was $90 to VT. Then if you add in the wing/fit kits (not in stock right now) - and not sure if you need one or two kits, let's assume 2 - so add $150 - it would probably get up closer $800. Still a lot less than the other options, and you can customize them to your personal specs/preferences.

I also got my drawers built and installed this weekend. I enjoyed the build, took my time and sanded everything way more than I needed to. I have spent about 6 hours on them so far. I am waiting to finish them until the wing kit is released and I figure out all the electrical and plugs I want to add. Right now I'm leaning towards Monstaliner for ease and durability. I also feel like it is a shame to just paint over nice wood that I have already sanded. I could do a light stain with a clear polyurethane finish. For the top, I was thinking L track and EVA foam pad. For draw bottoms either more foam or a carpet liner. I also have the anchor kit on the way so that strap will be gone soon.

IMG_20200317_173103.jpg

This is the EVA foam I had in mind. The faux teak finish custom cut would look awesome in my opinion, I'm just afraid how much it would cost so I haven't asked yet.
seadek-faux-teak.jpg

Deleted

Last edited:
I didn't do any sanding... That would have made it a many more beer job. :)

cruzerDave is there a way to retrofit the previous generation drawers with the new slide system? Or is the sizing different? My prior generation drawers have become fairly hard to move. Thanks.

A vote for the KISS system after all the Amazon orders for materials and the doing a one off version myself I kept telling myself I should have just ordered the kit and saved myself a bunch of time. I was leaving for a trip and couldn't wait but I certainly didn't save any time or money doing it myself. Live and learn
IMG_20200319_210758_009.jpg

Thank you;) Actually, I *am* a little proud about that, only figured it out after the initial redesign, which meant yet ANOTHER redesign to accommodate but was too cool to ignore so I did it.
I went with two drawers, so $550, and shipping was $90 to VT. Then if you add in the wing/fit kits (not in stock right now) - and not sure if you need one or two kits, let's assume 2 - so add $150 - it would probably get up closer $800. Still a lot less than the other options, and you can customize them to your personal specs/preferences.
Honestly, you could be into it for even more than that if you go with the bamboo cutting board, the Davy Jones Locker, and other modules I'm working on! But since everything is being designed to add piecemeal over time, it doesn't have to be this big huge investment up front. My wants and needs change over time and I want my gear to support that - so that was one of the guiding principles for The Reef system - even the name reflects something that is constantly changing and evolving.
cruzerDave is there a way to retrofit the previous generation drawers with the new slide system? Or is the sizing different? My prior generation drawers have become fairly hard to move. Thanks.
Nope, sorry, completely different. Once supply chain fills out and stabilizes I will offer prior customers an 'upgrade discount' on complete new sets, but with the virus disrupting stuff it is likely a few months out. In the meantime, you still get to enjoy a fantastic set of drawers ;)

Thank you;) Actually, I *am* a little proud about that, only figured it out after the initial redesign, which meant yet ANOTHER redesign to accommodate but was too cool to ignore so I did it.

Honestly, you could be into it for even more than that if you go with the bamboo cutting board, the Davy Jones Locker, and other modules I'm working on! But since everything is being designed to add piecemeal over time, it doesn't have to be this big huge investment up front. My wants and needs change over time and I want my gear to support that - so that was one of the guiding principles for The Reef system - even the name reflects something that is constantly changing and evolving.

Nope, sorry, completely different. Once supply chain fills out and stabilizes I will offer prior customers an 'upgrade discount' on complete new sets, but with the virus disrupting stuff it is likely a few months out. In the meantime, you still get to enjoy a fantastic set of drawers ;)

Thanks for the information on future supply. With front/rear bumpers/winch this coming week drawers are what I need next, so was wondering when the next supply was gonna be available. Trying to keep myself busy with current down time; but after spending a few hours going over plans, supplies, etc.; I'm coming to you for the base and I'll go from there. Plus I am all about supporting an American made company with all this going on.

Absolutely love my Reef drawer. Super easy to build and incredibly functional for the price. Very happy that it works with half the third row too. I installed my HAM and WeBoost on the side of it. Excited to get the anchor kit and wing kit here real soon. Once that comes, I’ll be putting on some kind of finish.

6A4C6351-E64D-47D5-8C2D-7DC56AFD2C11.jpeg

187FBAC1-12A2-4314-AF3B-B6228301DE33.jpeg

505774DE-46BB-44C9-9620-8AA3BE3CD4AD.jpeg

These drawers are at the top of the drawer section on my ridiculously huge spreadsheet of to-do mods. I love everything about them, especially the customization aspect, but the only concern I have with them is the 100lb drawer weight limitation. What is the limiting factor for that, and is it possible in the customization process to beef them up to be able to handle more? Also, has anyone had issues because of overloading the drawers?

This is the EVA foam I had in mind. The faux teak finish custom cut would look awesome in my opinion, I'm just afraid how much it would cost so I haven't asked yet.
View attachment 2243523
@g1701gst wow, that stuff looks pretty cool! I'll be adding some stocked finishing materials to the store at some point and can look into this if enough people want it?

A vote for the KISS system after all the Amazon orders for materials and the doing a one off version myself I kept telling myself I should have just ordered the kit and saved myself a bunch of time. I was leaving for a trip and couldn't wait but I certainly didn't save any time or money doing it myself. Live and learnView attachment 2244016
@Volunteer real sorry my timing didn't work out for you and I totally understand when you NEED drawers, you NEED drawers ;)

I appreciate your recommendation, thank you, but on the other hand it looks like you did a great job on your own and you get to bask in the compliments for having 'designed and built them yourself'! No small feat, I know...

Thanks for the information on future supply. With front/rear bumpers/winch this coming week drawers are what I need next, so was wondering when the next supply was gonna be available. Trying to keep myself busy with current down time; but after spending a few hours going over plans, supplies, etc.; I'm coming to you for the base and I'll go from there. Plus I am all about supporting an American made company with all this going on.
Thanks for supporting American manufacturing! I am proud to source every single piece I can from other US companies as well, the only exception being the baltic birch as no one in the US makes that. At least I buy it from my local lumber supplier who is reeeally loving me lately.

Reef getting boxed up this weekend and back in stock. Waiting on more aluminum for 200 anchors, and CNC for wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom