KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 200s (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMPORTANT HEADSUP: I am finally moving from a garage with just 50 ft2 to run LSO from, into a house with a 1,500 ft2 shop! This will eventually mean short/no lead times as I can finally stock products, but unfortunately for the next couple months I need to shut down sales as the move will be a big undertaking.

The store closes this Saturday, June 1 and will reopen end of July.

All existing orders are going out, I will continue to support customers through email, and yes I am staying in Bend. I apologize to everyone who were looking to order over the next couple months, and hope you understand. Any questions please email (not PM) me.

Reached out via your “contact me” link for a new set of hardware if at all possible

Applied the vinyl sticker tonight. My wife’s Instagram is @theunpluggedfamily, so that’s why it says unplugged.

View attachment 1932034

We installed the Land Shark drawers three weeks ago and started customizing them last weekend. So far we’ve installed an Alu cab tilt fridge slide, cheap yoga mats as a cover, piano hinges and pull straps to access the wheel well. Greatly appreciate the depth of resources available for modifying the drawers.

View attachment 1926026

View attachment 1926027

View attachment 1926028

View attachment 1926029

View attachment 1926030

Hmm. I'm trying to follow your setup, but I'm having some trouble mounting the AluCab tilting fridge slide to my KISS drawers. When I place the slide far enough back to tilt down without resting on the edge of the drawers, it interferes with the rear hatch. To fix the issue, it seems like I'd need to slide the entire drawer assembly deeper into the truck bed, but there's not much play in the U bolts. My alternative plan is just to protect the drawer edge with an aluminum strip and just let the slide make contact. Did you run into this issue? Any advice would be appreciated!

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

Yes; we encountered the same problem. I overcame it by using spacers to lift the slide about 1/4".

Yes; we encountered the same problem. I overcame it by using spacers to lift the slide about 1/4".

Thank you. I'm not sure a little added height would solve my problem. I settled for moving the slide about an inch farther into the vehicle. It's not perfect because when it tilts down it doesn't clear the drawers. I put a piece of aluminum angle on the top edge of the drawers to protect the wood. It works reasonably well, but the fridge strap that passes under the slide gets pinched. I'll keep an eye on it. I'll post a picture later to show the issue more clearly.

sorry if i missed an earlier post, but is there any single drawer option for those of us that still need 1 of the 3rd row seats in?

sorry if i missed an earlier post, but is there any single drawer option for those of us that still need 1 of the 3rd row seats in?
Yes.

Last I heard he was still getting into the new shop. I think he is running 4 weeks lead time on the drawers.
Thanks I'm not in a rush, I'll just keep watching this thread for updates. Has anybody done the 1 drawer install yet, or is it just in the future plans?

Last I heard he was still getting into the new shop. I think he is running 4 weeks lead time on the drawers.
Thanks. Dave’s timeline was to be set up in the new digs in July. His website shows 4-6 weeks, but I’m not interested in placing an order if he’s not ready to restart production.

Thanks I'm not in a rush, I'll just keep watching this thread for updates. Has anybody done the 1 drawer install yet, or is it just in the future plans?

Single drawer is currently available.

That pic makes it look like a solo drawer but with the side finished in wood. Fingers crossed, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. My complaint so far on single drawers is seeing the exposed hardware on the middle

That pic makes it look like a solo drawer but with the side finished in wood. Fingers crossed, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. My complaint so far on single drawers is seeing the exposed hardware on the middle

That is definitely cool.

I’ve always found it odd that ARB doesn’t offer a way to finish/cover the sides of drawers...or at least the front that faces the second row. Could look so much cleaner...

That would be pretty slick with a slide & fridge on top.

That is definitely cool.

I’ve always found it odd that ARB doesn’t offer a way to finish/cover the sides of drawers...or at least the front that faces the second row. Could look so much cleaner...

They do...part number ARBCKIT. It’s a roll of matching carpet you can trim and install as you’d like. I used 3M Dual Lock with some hot glue to attach it to the carpet (the adhesive tend to release from porous materials).
FBAF696C-DBD9-42E1-B41D-3E03CA7F37C1.jpeg

They do...part number ARBCKIT. It’s a roll of matching carpet you can trim and install as you’d like. I used 3M Dual Lock with some hot glue to attach it to the carpet (the adhesive tend to release from porous materials).
View attachment 2103024

Well what’s ya know!!

I just ordered two drawers. The drawers are back in stock but the wing kits and anchors plates for the 200 are still weeks out. I am excited to have my gear secure and organized. I also hope to build a sleeping platform to have for quick simple trips.

Here is a basic video of the build and install of the latest version.

Ordered mine yesterday, the moment I got the restocked text. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom