What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (101 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my Tough Dogs wit ICONS Stage 3 CDV.

Nothing wrong with the TDs, I just want something that can absorb the harder woops on the trail.

Kf7rspo.jpg

brbgHzl.jpg

Nothing wrong with the TDs, I just want something that can absorb the harder woops on the trail.

Kf7rspo.jpg

brbgHzl.jpg

Any one claim your old shocks?

Got a new sub box, amp and speakers installed in my 2006 LX. Went with Focal Access 165AS3 3-ways in the front doors and Focal 165AC coaxials in the rear doors. Amp is a 5-channel Polk Audio PA D5000.5 and the sub is a 12" Gladen Zero 12 Pro.

Installation and custom fabrication was done by Joe Loschke at Absolutely Creative Customs in Boulder, CO. The subwoofer enclosure has a molded matte black steel grille and is wrapped in grey vinyl to match the rest of the interior as closely as possible. I think Joe's work speaks for itself.

I've been running a PX6 Android head unit for a few months (as documented in a few IH8MUD threads), so this pretty much completes the system, at least for now.View attachment 2156104View attachment 2156111View attachment 2156112View attachment 2156117View attachment 2156118
Nice install. Your enclosure is exactly what anyone that’s trying to do aftermarket subs without losing a ton of space should do. What material are those door mounts made of...they look good.

I'm interested in your back to back comparison. Did you have the 53mm fronts?

I just upgraded to TD shocks about a month or so ago. The more I drive them, more I like them. I thought about ICONs especially with the 20% sale they had in Nov but was too rich for my blood.

@KraziAzn Do let us know what you think of the new setup.

Gerry is the name of the truck. Pronounced Jerry, though.

Today I used the simply speakers kit to re foam my factory sub. Easy enough. Took about twenty minutes to get it out of the truck and about thirty minutes to do the thing. I'd say it was pretty due. View attachment 2166829
Do you have to remove the whole panel to get to the speaker for removal? I tried popping off the speaker grill and I think I broke all the tabs... fml

The lights look great
Where did you get them from? I’m having trouble tracking them down.
I would like to know where you got them as well...that is one of the best looking setups I have seen in a while...

A little cleanup, and some adjusting of "what to buy next" after a pretty good year. 24K this year alone (also my commuter), maybe 5k in dirt—way above average for me.

"What to buy next" is shocks. The OMEs in the front just can't keep up with desert roads (Tough Dogs in the back are so dang good). But y'all knew that. Make a dentist appointment on arrival home if you plan to see the Racetrack Playa in Death Valley. That road is chewed right up.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 8.44.01 PM.png

Oregon and NoCal next. And you can't go wrong just making a track somewhere here in Utah.

Ah jealous! Black Friday sale?

Yes sir!

I'm interested in your back to back comparison. Did you have the 53mm fronts?

No, they are not the 53mm.

I just upgraded to TD shocks about a month or so ago. The more I drive them, more I like them. I thought about ICONs especially with the 20% sale they had in Nov but was too rich for my blood.

@KraziAzn Do let us know what you think of the new setup.

Current Set-Up (Bit of a mix and match)
FRONT: Stage 3 ICONS
REAR: 45MM Adjustable TD
OME T-Bars
Iron Man light duty springs 2-3 inch lift.

The on-road feel is very similar but that can change depends on the dampening setting. I set mine towards the firm side 6 clicks, (Icons have it set on 4 clicks from the factory), 7 clicks on the rear TD shocks. I wanted to minimize body roll because I recently delete VSC. It was acting up, almost killed when I was in Baja Mexico. VSC decided to apply the brakes out of nowhere and almost drove me onto incoming traffic. To compensate for the lack of VSC, I want the rig to be more firm on the road. The last thing I want is to flip the truck during an evasive maneuver.

I haven't hit the trails yet, but I did jump a few street curbs and hit some speed bumps. I can say the front is definitely more planted, does not bounce up and down. I'll post more updates after I put some miles on the dirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom