She's a moaner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To those who think I am wacko, I do have witnesses!!

That you're a wacko?

Well, I am definitely not normal.

Regarding the noise, people riding in the vehicle have heard the same noise and were amused by it, as it is so weird, unusual, atypical, not a normal sound you hear inside a car.

g

If you steer slightly to one direction or another, does the sound disappear? (While keeping the same accelerator pressure)

I still think it is a dry spindle bushing.

Well, I am definitely not normal.

Regarding the noise, people riding in the vehicle have heard the same noise and were amused by it, as it is so weird, unusual, atypical, not a normal sound you hear inside a car.

g

Is it a dicombobulated wobbling pin on the DS front CV shaft transaxle seal ?

I'm a noob here so take this for what it's worth.

Noises can be transmitted throughout a vehicle from where they originate. You may have something making a noise in the rear and mysteriously you get a sound up front. Sometimes the sound can also change in pitch and tone while being transmitted from one area to another. There have been numerous times that I've mistaken the origin and cause of a noise in a vehicle, don't be so sure that you know exactly where it's coming from. I wouldn't be so quick to rule out all of these folks suggestions.

I've read that it's common for the air intake hose on these vehicles to split or crack with age. If split, it could possibly make a sound like you describe.

Suck it up...if you can't find it there is no snake oil for you here on a forum with no sound, no pictures, and no other leads than those suggested to date. If you have pictures, sound bytes, etc, then perhaps we can have an epiphany...otherwise you rename your 80 to "Mona" and call it a day.

Thank You for putting this one to bed Dan... Oops, thats right, she a "Moner"...Best place for her...;p

Not sure how good you are with video and such, but when I had noise I was carrying around my digital camera which took short MPEGs. I finally got the noise to happen and got it recorded. I then stripped out the sound and sent that MP3 out to a few on this board and got the answer to my problem in a few hours.

That is most likely what it's going to take from you to get anything more from this well.

Not sure how good you are with video and such, but when I had noise I was carrying around my digital camera which took short MPEGs. I finally got the noise to happen and got it recorded. I then stripped out the sound and sent that MP3 out to a few on this board and got the answer to my problem in a few hours.

That is most likely what it's going to take from you to get anything more from this well.

I will try that approach.

Oh well, I thought it might be entertaining, and thought
someone out there in the world might have experienced the same weird noise; but on the other hand, I can sense the frustration of those that tried to help. It did get a few hundred views, but only a handful of people put forward suggestions.

So, I will go away, at least for tonight.:doh:

G

Suck it up...if you can't find it there is no snake oil for you here on a forum with no sound, no pictures, and no other leads than those suggested to date. If you have pictures, sound bytes, etc, then perhaps we can have an epiphany...otherwise you rename your 80 to "Mona" and call it a day.

I will try to get some sound, but as I said about 8 times; if I change the pedal pressure, it goes away, so as I lean over to grab my recorder, it will most likely go away; it only lasts about 10-15 seconds, max.

I am not interested in snake oil, I get enough of that from dealerships.

The whole idea was to see if anyone had experienced the same problem; obviously no one on this forum has.

End of story.

Gnight

Correct, that is what I was saying...don't take it as harsh :)

Just drive around with a dictation recorder taped to your steering wheel if you are REALLY intent on capturing the unicorn! ;)

This is an old thread, and I am amazed I found it. That same trumpet in a jazz band sound I had, fixed it by lubricating the drive shaft. Thanks Mud!

Wanted to update in case others have the jazz trumpet sound. Over the weekend checked the ATF level, it was low. Havent checked it in a long while since the truck was "professionally baselined". Anyway, enough excuses, I was down a quart on ATF, refilled to correct level and the trumpet is no more.

I dont think so. In my case, nothing I have done made a difference long term, moans (jazz trumpet from inside the cabin point of view) happens at just under 2000 rpm, for 1-2 seconds, some of the time.

Could it be the radio cooling fan behind the dash? It's up high, above the radio if I'm correct.

I dont think so. In my case, nothing I have done made a difference long term, moans (jazz trumpet from inside the cabin point of view) happens at just under 2000 rpm, for 1-2 seconds, some of the time.

I still haven’t found where my problem is coming from. Dunno if this makes sense but I can feel it vibrating/resonating on accelerator pedal. I’ve pretty much baselined my truck, only thing I can think of is some kind of vacuum problem.
@BILT4ME deff haven’t heard of a radio cooling fan being separate from the radio, but I’m 99.99999% sure that’s not it

I still haven’t found where my problem is coming from. Dunno if this makes sense but I can feel it vibrating/resonating on accelerator pedal. I’ve pretty much baselined my truck, only thing I can think of is some kind of vacuum problem.
@BILT4ME deff haven’t heard of a radio cooling fan being separate from the radio, but I’m 99.99999% sure that’s not it

On my ‘94 there is a separate fan up in the dash behind the radio. Had to remove it when I did the heater core.

We have heard aftermarket vacuum boosters moan when the brake pedal is applied. Mine was doing it, but not as much as yours. My brakes were working OK, but they did feel a little spongy?. I tested my vacuum check valve and it was working good as a 1 way valve, but it was less than full free flow thru the valve. I replaced it and it feels much better and it is very quiet now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom