Builds Going to meet my new 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jealous. Tearing into the gx470 dash tomorrow. Yikes.

Impressive work, Capt. The same guy that wired my "trailer harness" must have done yours too. Its taken me two days to get my rear signal lights to work again, thanks to somebody half-assed wiring job :bang:

I may swing by later Jim. I have family here today but they shouldn’t be staying all day. Supposed to leave after lunch.

Spent some time at Jimmy’s Barn this weekend and installed the lift with the help of @fl4031003

7BD3AB16-64B9-4A41-AE78-D9D895A37F7F.jpeg

The installation went pretty smooth, except for the snapped upper shock bolt in the rear. We drilled it out and attempted to re-tap it, until the tap broke off inside the hole. An air hammer took care of that pretty quickly though. In the end, it all worked out. Thanks again for all the help Jeff.

Settle down with this build cap'n! You're making the rest of us look like amateurs. Congrats on the find. Curious to see where the new meats'll take u. :beer:

Nah. I would probably be on 33’s if I didn’t need 4” of lift for the Cummins and the highway overdrive.

I’ve been racing to get this Cruiser road ready for the Solid Axle Summit in Ouray by August. CB communications are a must on this trip. Not only for the trails, but for the caravan up with my buddies.

I wanted a low profile unit. I didn’t want to cram something in the ashtray slot or the useless cubby hole. The thought of vertically mounting a unit to the center console wasn’t appealing either.

The Cobra 75WXST seemed like the ticket. All controls are on the handset and the transmitter is ultra compact.

1F6F0D9F-105E-4EB2-8742-8423EF19E155.jpeg

It’s a little bigger than a roll of quarters and I was able to mount it under the center console without any modification or clearance issues.

B5122A04-2BEA-4516-BEA9-D8C6C5290342.jpeg

The handset cord comes out from the bottom of the console and I mounted the handset to the side as shown. Now all I have to do is get a Antenna Mount from @POTATO LAUNCHER and tune up my fire stick!

Looks great Ryan!

Ryan I will have an 80 in the barn Saturday and will build a few 80 and 60 mounts. Will get it shipped asap unless you want to pick it up on your way to SAS.

Ryan I will have an 80 in the barn Saturday and will build a few 80 and 60 mounts. Will get it shipped asap unless you want to pick it up on your way to SAS.

Thanks Casey... I’d love to have it before the trip so I can get my antenna tuned. If you can ship one in time, that would be great!

Nice, that looks good Ryan.

I installed the light bar today I sure hated drilling into Jason’s bumper, but it was for a good cause

050C54F4-AAF4-4E85-90A0-21B32655A58F.jpeg

@reevesci #trailtailor

Looks good R! I use a 23" bar that the mounts slide and roll alike, so no holes have to be drilled.

Damnit... I was going to contact you before I bought the light bar too. Live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom