Builds Going to meet my new 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White Knuckle Sliders came in. Thanks to @CenTXFJ60 for helping with the install today.

F722EB6E-0FD6-45E5-9948-AF3CE53B8D61.jpeg

Also refreshed the AC system. Looks like I’ll need to replace the dryer and try again though

0D5DE74E-55A1-497E-80B6-C0349AE3F842.jpeg

Why do you have the headliner back out? Did you get the seats done yet?

It's looking good man!

Why do you have the headliner back out? Did you get the seats done yet?

It's looking good man!

Thanks man. Good eye on that headliner. I took it out to re-glue in a few places and to add some moulding to the unfinished edged along the rear cargo area.

The marine vinyl wasn’t wide enough to wrap around the edges in the back (like the OEM felt does). It just barely went edge to edge. It looked unfinished to me, so I bought some black door edge moulding and carefully applied it to the rear edge of the headliner. I think it will look a lot better next to the black rear window gasket. I don’t have pictures of it installed yet, but here is what it looks like now...

462B2770-9C4A-40FE-8CEF-FFB32C97694B.jpeg

Seat leather hasn’t come in yet. It was the first thing I ordered back on March 8th. In a few weeks it will be 4 months of waiting (can you hear me @FloridaFJ80 ?)

I did send him a PM back on April 23 for an update...

BC4B9578-22FE-4B85-AD44-CC7866381CA5.jpeg

As you can see, he has not read it as of today’s date (June 21)

I suppose I’ll keep on working while I wait and see if they ever arrive. :bang:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the seat deal. If life didn't throw in some frustration, what the hell would we do with all that free time?

You do good work and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks man. Good eye on that headliner. I took it out to re-glue in a few places and to add some moulding to the unfinished edged along the rear cargo area.

Because the with if the vinyl liner wasn’t enough to wrap around the edge back there like the OEM felt is, it just looked unfinished to me. I bought some black door edge moulding and carefully applied it to the headliner. I think it will look a lot better next to the black rear window gasket. I don’t have pictures of it installed yet, but here is what it looks like now...

View attachment 1727581

Seat leather hasn’t come in yet. It was the first thing I ordered back on March 8th. In a few weeks it will be 4 months of waiting (can you hear me @FloridaFJ80 ?)

View attachment 1727583

I suppose I’ll keep on working while I wait and see if they ever arrive. :bang:
Man...hard to believe Frank has not been on MUD since February. That’s concerning since so many of his customers are here.

View attachment 1727583

I suppose I’ll keep on working while I wait and see if they ever arrive. :bang:[/QUOTE]

Holy yikes!!!

Oops. Not sure what happened with quote. My comment was only the last line.

So I dug into the rear wiring tonight and found some top notch electrical work. Check out this trailer harness I found

66E870B3-B1BE-4391-85D0-E639AD9D4F62.jpeg

I took some time to wire in a new harness and bring it back to code. I can’t believe the rear lights worked at all haha.

This update is a little out of order since it was a few weekends ago. We had an overnight wrenching party at Jimmy’s barn and with the help of @CenTXFJ60 and @ceylonfj40nut we tackled quite a bit of front end work.

For anyone unfamiliar with Jimmy’s barn, it’s a local hangout for a bunch of Cruiserheads in our area. We have a pretty tight group of friends that get together over there. It’s about 70% bull**** and booze and 30% actual wrenching. There’s a cool thread that we update with all the projects we work on together.

What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn

Anyway.... back to this post. I can’t even remember what the original goal was, I think it was just to replace the leaky aftermarket radiator, but we decided to refresh the entire cooling system and also replace the leaky front crank seal, oil pump cover seal and the distributor o-ring, and a few other things since we had the front torn down.

Here’s the full punch list of what was done that weekend:

-Replaced Water pump

-Replaced oil pump cover seal

-Replaced Front crank seal

-Replace radiator and cap

-Replaced radiator hoses

-Replaced dizzy cap and rotor

-Replaced dizzy o-ring seal

-Replaced battery tie down bar

-Replaced all 3 belts

-Replaced idler pulley

I had a lot of fun working with CD and Jimmy at the barn. I think we worked until close to 4am. I can’t thank them enough. Here are some pics:

15DA3936-8C33-4D94-8067-00ED4AE7EE58.jpeg

It’s nice to use Jimmy’s lift. Somethings are just easier to get at when the truck is in the air.

8ACC44CF-6127-47AB-AB14-60B9E211E7E7.jpeg

Some shiny new parts added. There’s a new crank seal in there too, I promise.

E1AFD309-1026-406A-BBF4-481168B8ED7B.jpeg

The official Mud “hello” :flipoff2:

06542441-E457-41FF-A3FD-E0DFDB05C2B9.jpeg

Jimmy almost made it all the way through the night. This was around 3:30am, although you wouldn’t know it from the day glow of his 15,000 lumen LED shop lights. It’s always sunny in the barn now!

Thanks again guys. I’m very proud to call you my friends.

Ditto Ryan. Righteous. Beer can was empty. We ran out.

This update is a little out of order since it was a few weekends ago. We had an overnight wrenching party at Jimmy’s barn and with the help of @CenTXFJ60 and @ceylonfj40nut we tackled quite a bit of front end work.

For anyone unfamiliar with Jimmy’s barn, it’s a local hangout for a bunch of Cruiserheads in our area. We have a pretty tight group of friends that get together over there. It’s about 70% bull**** and booze and 30% actual wrenching. There’s a cool thread that we update with all the projects we work on together.

What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn

Anyway.... back to this post. I can’t even remember what the original goal was, I think it was just to replace the leaky aftermarket radiator, but we decided to refresh the entire cooling system and also replace the leaky front crank seal, oil pump cover seal and the distributor o-ring, and a few other things since we had the front torn down.

Here’s the full punch list of what was done that weekend:

-Replaced Water pump

-Replaced oil pump cover seal

-Replaced Front crank seal

-Replace radiator and cap

-Replaced radiator hoses

-Replaced dizzy cap and rotor

-Replaced dizzy o-ring seal

-Replaced battery tie down bar

-Replaced all 3 belts

-Replaced idler pulley

I had a lot of fun working with CD and Jimmy at the barn. I think we worked until close to 4am. I can’t thank them enough. Here are some pics:

View attachment 1728420

It’s nice to use Jimmy’s lift. Somethings are just easier to get at when the truck is in the air.

View attachment 1728430

Some shiny new parts added. There’s a new crank seal in there too, I promise.

View attachment 1728431

The official Mud “hello” :flipoff2:

View attachment 1728433

Jimmy almost made it all the way through the night. This was around 3:30am, although you wouldn’t know it from the day glow of his 15,000 lumen LED shop lights. It’s always sunny in the barn now!

Thanks again guys. I’m very proud to call you my friends.
A serious error in your detail above. I’m guessing I passed out closer to 1:30. Bottom line is I was useless once I hit the good stuff. Like that one pic better that you took where I’m catching bugs :). I am a lucky guy to have y’all wanting to hang in the barn!

I never see this kind of craziness at the barn when I am there. Fake News.

I’m gonna be at the barn with Jeff tomorrow morning to put the lift on my 80. Come on out if you wanna join the craziness!

If you look, @FloridaFJ80 hasn't been on here since Feb. 13, 2018.

Good luck with the seat order.

Maybe try LSeat.

If you look, @FloridaFJ80 hasn't been on here since Feb. 13, 2018.

Good luck with the seat order.

Maybe try LSeat.

Yep.. I sent him a PM a few months ago, it is still unread. I caught him on his mobile phone once and got some lip service. Whoever is answering the phones in the shop is still responsive, but mostly lip service.

I haven’t read any blatant rip off stories about them yet. Mostly just super delayed shipping. As far as I know, everyone who gave up and requested refunds, haven’t had any issues. I’m still holding out hope. I’d love to hear from anyone that lost money though. The LSeat will be my next option.

LSeat is your best bet...I ordered, tracking number and arrived on time...;)

Last edited:
I’m gonna be at the barn with Jeff tomorrow morning to put the lift on my 80. Come on out if you wanna join the craziness!
Matt, swing by manana. Time for you to stretch the legs on the 73 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom