What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks really good. Is your VX 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic?

So the Kenwood DDX417BTM was installed today to replace the factory fitted radio/tape deck

View attachment 1583604

Installed the USB connection of the new unit, as well as dual USB 4.2 Amp for charging mobile phones in the blank area next to the aircon controles

View attachment 1583606

New side lamps

20171201_121508.jpg

Did my 2nd oil change on the LX...easy peasy. While under there, I was thinking I should coat the underside in Fluidfilm since it’s still relatively rust-free. I’m glad I picked up a southern-climate rig.

I picked up this Superskin leather steering wheel wrap a few months ago for $20 and figured I’d put it on today even though the grey didn’t match as well as I thought it would. Well, it pretty much tore apart while I stretched it around the wheel. Could be a sign that I should just pick one of those wooden ones off eBay.:penguin:

6CDC340D-286A-412F-9315-BEF0C3B9EB9A.jpeg

Did my 2nd oil change on the LX...easy peasy. While under there, I was thinking I should coat the underside in Fluidfilm since it’s still relatively rust-free. I’m glad I picked up a southern-climate rig.

I picked up this Superskin leather steering wheel wrap a few months ago for $20 and figured I’d put it on today even though the grey didn’t match as well as I thought it would. Well, it pretty much tore apart while I stretched it around the wheel. Could be a sign that I should just pick one of those wooden ones off eBay.:penguin:

View attachment 1584263
I have used the WheelSkins brand on three different vehicles (not 100 series) and they are top quality. Usually cost around $60, so more expensive than the one you tried but they last a long time.

One Color Leather Steering Wheel Cover Manufacturer

I install a Kenwood DDX9702s “Android audio” head unit but sincerely I’m not that impressed (I confess I’m clueless so maybe I’m doing something wrong)

The whole “mirroring” is kind of useless since it captures the resolution on the phone (iPhone fiveS) so the image is kind of grainy and so far I have not figure out a way to change the “scope” of the view (for example I will like to see a more general map when using WASE but for the most part still very “block by block”

I confess I’m spoil because I have been using my 12.2” galaxy pro tablet and WASE shows vivid, sharp and fast to react (like when you take a wrong turn) plus I can make it of any scale I want just like a Ipad by sliding my fingers..

Will see maybe is a “me Bad” problem, but do far is kind of a gimmick

Oh I’m trying to figure out a way to implement Steering controls in hopes of making the unit more useful, but so far not much luck

Woke up to a dead battery...so, bought one of these for piece of mind...
Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 11.45.18 AM.png

And ordered these a few days ago...my build code said my interior was "ivory" so I ordered "ivory" from the Lexus dealership...new carpets are way darker...but it is better than nothing...
IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

Last night I ran out of gas, and the 2000 land cruiser stopped in middle of the highway..
After I had some gas in it, drove for like 5miles and then the abs,vsc, and traction lights came on, and it was not shifting to 4th! Even if I drive 100mph it will not go to 4th gear...
Any idea of what could happened? It was driving fine since I bought it 3months ago!

Last night I ran out of gas, and the 2000 land cruiser stopped in middle of the highway..
After I had some gas in it, drove for like 5miles and then the abs,vsc, and traction lights came on, and it was not shifting to 4th! Even if I drive 100mph it will not go to 4th gear...
Any idea of what could happened? It was driving fine since I bought it 3months ago!

Check to see if the OD button on the side of the shifter is turned off (OD light on dash burned out?)

Check to see if you have a check engine code. The ABS/VSC/TRAC lights will come on with check engine light. Again, is CEL bulb burned out?

Check to see if the OD button on the side of the shifter is turned off (OD light on dash burned out?)

Check to see if you have a check engine code. The ABS/VSC/TRAC lights will come on with check engine light. Again, is CEL bulb burned out?

CEL bulb is fine, just checked the transmission fluid and found it low! ,it never had leaking since I bought it, I Added some and it driving&shifting better now, but the ABS/VSC/TRAC LIGHTS were still on! I turned the car off and started again and the lights are gone...
I'm in Dallas, and I have to drive to Houston! I don't know if it should be fine or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom