Looking for 79 full float brake parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here know where I can get a rear cylinder rebuild kit for a 79 fj45 full floater axle? I tried the OEM part number 04906-36040 but it is discontinued.

Just curious do you know if the 79 era full floater rear axle were all the same? I have a pre 8/80 full rear axle that has huge shoes and drums. My 8/80 and later share brakes with the 60 series semi floater and full floater.

It's a pre 8/80 axle and it appears this does not cross to the 60 series but I could be wrong... Any clarification would help!

It's a pre 8/80 axle and it appears this does not cross to the 60 series but I could be wrong... Any clarification would help!

8/80 believe the 4X/6X/7X shared rear axle brakes in the eighties or at least those with drums brakes. Only different is some do not have the hand brake but shoes and drums are the same. I have one post 8/80 with a hand brake but no sway bar tabs making from a SWB 40/42 series. Ten a later later one from a 47 series ith no hand brake but tabs for the sway bar. Other the hand brake both appear the same. The pre 8/80 4X series rear full floater I have has different brake then the semi floaters during that time period. Drums are finned for cooling and larger then the semi floaters. Believe the finned style came on LWB 4X series. What the lighter SWB 4X series got unsure of as US never got a full floater in any 40/55 series. Just curious if there is a lighter duty full floater that was used on the earlier ones.

I have a couple of these axles, too, and haven't gotten around to working on them yet. I'm curious if the wheel cylinder diameters are the same. If so, it's possible the standard semi floater whee cylinder rebuild kits might work. I can look it up tomorrow.

I'm mostly after the rubber parts for the inner part of the cylinders and the outer seals. Might have found a place in AUS that sells Japanese aftermarket rubber kits. I'll post up when I get a response.

Ok, so I have an update. I dis assembled one of the cylinders yesterday and found that the Toyota part numbers are stamped on the rubber cups and on the outer boot for the non adjustable piston. Does anyone have a Toyota part number for the boot on the adjustable piston? should be the same for this on all fj40 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom