What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good idea, hadn't thought about that. Thanks!
Maybe turn that snorkel head around too. Looks like it will snag something as well...

Installed a pair of relatively cheap 9" LED lights bought from Amazon. When it stops raining/being foggy in San Diego, I'll see how they do in the dark. For now they turn on and seem to put off a decent amount of light for less than US$200. I'm doubtful they'll compare to the Fyrlyts I have on another truck, but for the price, I thought I'd give them a try.

9inchlights.jpg

Unfortunately, these replace a 30" light bar made by @2000UZJ a few years ago. Over time the bar mounts broke several times, a few LEDs stopped working/corroded, and overall the light got beat up beyond repair. I still like the look of it, so for no other reason, here's a pic of that bar on the day I installed it.

30inchbar2.jpg

My son's LC had been showing signs of worn starter contacts for a few months that were slowly getting worse.
Replaced the starter and heater Ts

Changed the oil myself for the first time ever yesterday. Used Mobil1 high mileage full synthetic, Toyota OEM filter, and a new gasket. That was super easy...never going to Jiffy Lube again. Not sure when it was last changed as I got the truck a couple of weeks ago. It was definitely due. The oil was very black and 1 quart low.

Just finished up my rear camera/monitor install, mounted the monitor under the upper part of the center console. It works great, good screen size and resolution and comes on immediately when I shift into reverse. I stopped by the Shack and picked up a 12v power cord so I didn't have to hard wire the monitor, it came with various attachment ends, works perfectly! Just need to get some 3m double sided tape for camera mount and I will be all set! I am going to clean of the access holes as well and get all wires tied up and tidy!

20170210_132835.jpg

20170210_131849.jpg

20170210_131838.jpg

20170210_131831.jpg

Fixed leaking valve cover gasket. Replaced spark plug tube seal, Drilled 2 broken valve cover bolts out, replaced rear heater bypass hose and gaskets and checked valve clearances. All in a days work.

IMG_20170206_080011_018.jpg

IMG_20170204_180220_864.jpg

IMG_20170206_095401_998.jpg

IMG_20170204_163223_811.jpg

Timing belt, diff and transfer case fluids, spark plugs, and oil change. Maintenence done, ready to shift to some fun mods.

I removed the side steps, trimmed the rear mudflaps and tried on some new shoes. 305/70r16 Bfg KO AT. I need some step sliders now. Kids and gf have a lot of trouble getting on without the steps. Tires only rub a little at full lock.
20170210_122000.jpg
20170210_121856.jpg
20170210_122919.jpg

Finished up the drawer install and ran constant power to the cargo area for fridge install. Used 4 gauge wire through the firewall with 100 amp circuit breaker near battery.

View attachment 1395193
what drawer system is that? Trekboxx?

Installed my new hood struts this morning. What a difference!

I am new here to the 100's forum.

I have driven and 80 series for about four years now. I do all the work myself all OEM.

Not sure if it is just me or if I have one of the fastest 100 series there are. Of course that is after doing a lot of work.

Maybe it is just because I am coming from the in-line six.

@musthave What have you done to your truck? And what year is it? The pre-03's have the 4 speed and while they get around fine, they are far from quick. The only time I've heard of a hundy being truly quick is with a 5 speed and the TRD supercharger.

Installed my new hood struts this morning. What a difference!

I am new here to the 100's forum.

I have driven and 80 series for about four years now. I do all the work myself all OEM.

Not sure if it is just me or if I have one of the fastest 100 series there are. Of course that is after doing a lot of work.

Maybe it is just because I am coming from the in-line six.
I'm in the same boat going from a 2F and 3FE it's like a rocket ship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom