What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Watched my kid swap out a turn signal/headlight stalk in his 2000 LC:

View attachment 1400827

(The old one was acting a little strange, like cutting the lights for a fraction of a second when you used the turn signals at night)

The hardest part was letting him figure it out for himself.
I need to replace mine as well, I have a handful of hairline cracks forming at the base of the stalk where it connects to that black box. I see the pn#17A089 and when I search for it, it comes back as a Toyota/Lexus turn signal stalk such as THIS ONE. Is that the correct pn?

I need to replace mine as well, I have a handful of hairline cracks forming at the base of the stalk where it connects to that black box. I see the pn#17A089 and when I search for it, it comes back as a Toyota/Lexus turn signal stalk such as THIS ONE. Is that the correct pn?

That looks similar, and I see that molded into the old part, but it was not the P/N that I used. I ordered a (new) Toyota P/N 84140-33020 from Toyota of Dallas, for my son's 2000 LC.

That looks similar, and I see that molded into the old part, but it was not the P/N that I used. I ordered a (new) Toyota P/N 84140-33020 from Toyota of Dallas, for my son's 2000 LC.
Thank you I appreciate that. Is it just a basic disassembly of the steering column to swap the part out?

Thank you I appreciate that. Is it just a basic disassembly of the steering column to swap the part out?

Real simple. No bananas required.

Pull the cover on the steering column (3 screws).
disconnect the molex connector from the stalk
remove the 2 screws holding the stalk

(reverse for re-assembly)​

Did some stuff... :steer:
new swaybar end links, bushings, new hardware, new OEM springs, SLEE 30mm spacers and Airlift bags.

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

Last edited:
Bolted the slee aluniumn skid plates back on after the tjm air locker and diff drop was installed. No pics as there's nothing to see here, but the job is finally buttoned up and ready to take a shakedown trail ride.

Also, mounted 5, used road tires for the spare set of 18" wheels that came on LC when I bought her. I'm planning to use them in the summer for daily driving to stretch the life of the duratracs on the 16's.

Driver side - passenger side I need to get new shorter fasteners so I can remove the stock hook. The hook gets in the way of the shackles.

View attachment 1388887

Do these clear the factory front bumper enough? They look stout!

I want a set but just want to be sure I'm not going to destroy my lower front bumper edge the first time I use one or both.

Thanks,
GB

Replaced the struts on the hood and the rear hatch with Lift Supports Depot struts from Amazon.
To give you an idea of the improvement: rear hatch will uppercut you in the chin and knock you out if not paying attention :) The hood, I had to use a stick to prop open hood - once I got ONE side installed, the hood raised to full height with just the single strut and no stick supporting it!

...and my Falken AT3Ws have like 7k miles on them and going strong :)

Edit: brand

Last edited:
Replaced the struts on the hood and the rear hatch with Superlift ones from Amazon.
To give you an idea of the improvement: rear hatch will uppercut you in the chin and knock you out if not paying attention :) The hood, I had to use a stick to prop open hood - once I got ONE side installed, the hood raised to full height with just the single strut and no stick supporting it

This makes me feel really good! I just ordered struts for my wife's GX470 hood and rear deck lid struts for my LX. I was kinda worried about quality due to the price of the amazon buy compared to like "redline" or OEM. I'll probably buy some for my hood very soon too. I noticed mine were barely holding my hood open today during the oil change.

This makes me feel really good! I just ordered struts for my wife's GX470 hood and rear deck lid struts for my LX. I was kinda worried about quality due to the price of the amazon buy compared to like "redline" or OEM. I'll probably buy some for my hood very soon too. I noticed mine were barely holding my hood open today during the oil change.
Yep, they're thicker too. Just looked at the box - brand is "lift supports depot"

Replaced both rear differential u-joints, changed front diff fluid, and brake fluid. Returned and received back on warranty an OBDLink MX Wifi. Back up and running w/ DashCommand.

Last edited:
Replaced my worn factory rear sway bar links with some 2.5" extended ones from Manafre.

- Swapped out OEM springs for OME 865's
- Fox 2.0 all around
- Put a few turns on the TB's
- Alignment
- USA Spec BT45
- Side airbag recall

Last edited:
View attachment 1391827 Installed my iron man coils and icon 2.0's. Then proceeded to go get a little run down on how they perform on the long way to my local market through the National forest. So far I couldn't be happier. The coils were a little higher than I wanted the back to be but I'm good with it. Ditched my airbags in the process, tired of messing with airline issues. I was sitting at 20.5" on drivers side, and 21" from axle center to fender lip with my coil spacers that I had and tired factory coils, now at 22.25" roughly. Now to come up with some extended rear sway bar links and or quick disconnects and would be perfect.

I also installed the Ironman lift, are the extended rear sway bar links really needed?

I don't know if I would say they're "really" needed. But from my reasoning, and I'm by no means a mechanical engineer, but I believe to allow maximum suspension flexibility with the Icon shocks and Ironman coils and to put the sway bar more towards the orientation as it was originally designed(more parallel to the road surface, than an angle caused by the lift) it should allow the suspension to cycle, flex and control vehicle sway as originally designed.

I do think that aspect of lifts for these vehicles is commonly overlooked, but on the 80 series they're readily available, as well as on numerous other vehicle and aftermarket lifts.:worms:
Either way, mine were worn out so this worked for my intended purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom