Intro Xml325 38.5's with no lift 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe that is why I wasn't considering them. I'm pretty sure you can rebuild/revalve the Bilstein 7100s at home with standard tools. The downside is you have to make new mounts or use adapters.

I believe the low end 7100s are an emulsion shock? Once you add the reservoir the price goes up a lot.

New mounts wouldn't be too hard, but I do like the idea of retaining the factory isolation of a non-heim style shock eye for NVH the majority of the time. At some point you will run into limits with the stem mounts and how much force ( damping ) they can take.

I believe this is the main issue with the Fox 2.0 IFP stuff. The bearing cap is 'featureless' as far as I can tell. Making a special tool to grab that cap shouldn't be too hard, but I wonder if it isn't thread locked in place, or something 'extra', to keep it from backing out. I think most of the other shocks have a set screw....

There are also at least 3 versions of the 2.0 IFP shocks.....adventure, performance, and factory.

I just contacted a friend that deals with a LOT of shock stuff. He confirmed that Fox IFP stuff is easy to revalve.
The dust cover is just a light press fit. It pops right out with a little screwdriver and hammer.

Win.

So far I've weighed out 220 lbs of stuff removed from the cruiser. That is not counting the roof metal, seats 2nd and 3rd row.
Trimmed the front fenders for a flat fender version. Will snap a pic of the front today.

2016-05-11 05.41.04.jpg

Nice scale!!!

I'm jealous.

And flat fender? You can't say something like that and disappear dude!!!

Last edited:
Weight reduction is cool.

My hybrid isn't near done, but it is currently 2840lbs ( 1660F/1180R ). That is with the new powertrain mounted, complete suspension minus coils, and the 40" tire and wheel package. I also have half of the tub, windshield, rocker bars, and hood on there. My goal is 3XXXlbs when it's done empty. I think it is going to be really optimistic, but goals are good to have.

It would be interesting to see some of the cut/chopped 80-series on a scale!

Weight reduction is cool.

My hybrid isn't near done, but it is currently 2840lbs ( 1660F/1180R ). That is with the new powertrain mounted, complete suspension minus coils, and the 40" tire and wheel package. I also have half of the tub, windshield, rocker bars, and hood on there. My goal is 3XXXlbs when it's done empty. I think it is going to be really optimistic, but goals are good to have.

It would be interesting to see some of the cut/chopped 80-series on a scale!
I'll weight the top and seats later on when I don't have work using the scale.

Her are some pics show some kind of direction for the front end.
Kinda flat fender is
Grumper in the middle along with headlights
Winch, although I'll never need it ;)

2016-05-11 19.32.59.jpg

2016-05-11 19.31.37.jpg

2016-05-11 19.31.06.jpg

A lot more work today! Cutout and fabbed passenger side rear well, played with the grill and fenders, tack welded bed rail and support. Had a glass guy come look at and discuss the quarter windows. Got to make a template and we are going to see if a flat piece will work if so we will use laminated if not then lexan it is.

2016-05-12 18.01.09.jpg

2016-05-12 18.01.55.jpg

2016-05-12 18.02.48.jpg

2016-05-12 17.59.45.jpg

Fzj80 truck conversion
Landcruiser truck

Last edited:
Give me some feedback on the direction I've taken on the grill thing, I think I like it, just not sure on the design for the bumper to flow with it......

It's definitely unique! I think I kind of like the turns but I think that's going to make it almost impossible to get headlights to flow with it. But I am not an artist at all so you might surprise me.

Sort of reminds me of a Lotus Esprit or other "wedge" sports cars. Just need some pop up headlights.

I thought about putting headlights were the turn signals are, maybe some projection type. Or something in the bumper

Nice flat fender!!!

I think the front end looks freakin cool as is but also agree htat getting the headlights to flow might be tricky. You need a flat angled headlight similar to the new 4runners (but smaller) that fits where the turn signals are.

Maybe 4 small projectors on each side?

For a totally different direction try some of the 7" round turn signal headlight combos?

I love what you are doing....

I love the grille/turn signal arrangement! Reminds me of this guy, for some reason:

BMW+8+series.jpg

I think a tube bumper with two main tubes coming up from the frame in front of the radiator, then one main bumper tube across teh front just under that valence, then incorporate round headlights into the center section. I'll draw a picture if I have time.

:edit: something like this. Maybe put an LED ligth bar in the middle under the hood.
2016-05-12 18.02.48.jpg

Last edited:
Got most of the passenger side inner wheel well fabbed up today, cut more out on the driverside. Had to move the hole where the harness came out of the cab up about 4 er 5 inches to get it above the new wheel well.

2016-05-13 18.03.30.jpg

2016-05-13 18.02.54.jpg

The bottom hole hole is where the harness originally came into the engine bay the top hole is the new hole. Actually got it done and the harness fed back through but left without a pic. Nothing too exciting anyway.

2016-05-13 18.13.17.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom