Calling all kiwi cruiserheads - Help find stolen BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For all the viewers in New Zealand ....

Please help Bart get his stolen BJ42 back.

hohepa10.jpg

hohepa11.jpg

The registration plate is ######

It was stolen in Wellington about a week ago.

Any information, please forward it to the police in the first instance (but feel free to post comments/suspicions/information here too).

Of course it is likely that the lowlife(s) who stole it want to strip it for parts so if you're offered parts .... keep an eye out for this body-colour. (Maybe you can spot panels sitting in a nearby shed or whatever).

Also watch out for any freshly-painted BJ42 that may suddenly appear on the scene in your part of the country and note the framenumber from the RH chassis rail. (Read it or see if it has been tampered with). If you can read it .... post the frame number here.

It is also likely it is now intended for "off-road-use only" because then it doesn't need to be registered and officially-checked. (ie it could well be being trailered to/from club events) So club-members please be vigilant!

It would be great if we could get Bart his cruiser back. (I'm sure we all have a good idea of how he is feeling now.)

PS. The VIN we're looking for is BJ42 00####
thanks
hohepa10.jpg
hohepa11.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, and here I thought we had a monopoly on assholes here in the States. Bummer, best of luck to him.

further to this.........

Perhaps someone in kiwiland may have been offered a 3B engine recently?

If you're offered one - check the serial number. And if you find it is "0######" ..... act like you're really keen to buy ..... but get the cops onto the bastard(s) instead!

I feel so ashamed that this BJ42 was stolen in MY home town! (A city known for its friendly folk ... I might add.)

But YES Drew ....In honesty I have to admit that we must be no different to anywhere else in the world. We clearly have got our ration of "DREGS". (Perhaps even more than our rightful share!)

And anyone reading this in The States ......... Since this vehicle is worth at least twice as much where you are ..... it may even be already on its way to your country hidden in a shipping container. (If this is the work of a professional ring of thieves.)

The thieves would never expect anyone in the USA to have been alerted to its "stolen history" so the importers would likely feel free to show it off to prospective buyers. So please keep an eye out for its appearance on your market.

Cheers

PS. A photo of the owner so people can see the human side of this and who this injustice has been done to:

GrievingOwner.jpg

edit... This photo was taken in the same place that his vehicle (nick-named Hohepa) was stolen
GrievingOwner.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could offer more, but I wish your friend good luck. Hope he gets it back.

John

i can feel for him, those bastards are all around the world, i know the rarity of 40 parts, being over a week, they would have already stipped her down of useful parts, that or some litl s**thead has stolen it for a joyride and dumped it somewhere, again we got em here too

hope ya have good luck and find the old girl,
i'd go on a rampage if someone stole my comp truck 40, noone would be safe

I'm on the look out for the :censor: and will spread the word

Thanks everyone.

If any kiwis reading this are members of 4WD clubs ... I'm sure Bart would be most grateful if you could post these details on your club sites.

:beer:

I am beginning to think it is time to buy a full time GPS location system for my LC.

Perhaps this unfortunate occurence is a wake-up call.

I hope the vehicle is found in 1 piece.

T

To sad. It's just a little tough helping 5000 miles away. The only thing I can think of is offer a reward of $1000 for find and prosecute, then small claims the thief for $1000 if you can do that in NZ. Hire a small plane for a couple hours and look around. Take digital pictures. Look for White rectangles with Blue border.

And Bart has just joined ih8mud today ...albeit without his cruiser.

But we are both hopeful of getting it back ... and plan on putting our heads together tomorrow on more methods of achieving this end-result.

Bart (and his friends) has/have already done heaps of work with flyers posted around town, a Facebook page (if that's what you call it ... cos I'm not into Facebook or BeeBoo myself LOL) and even a television appearance.

So Hohepa/Bart .... now that you're a MUD member ... feel free to post in this thread cos it's really yours!

If he's only had it two weeks, I'd take a look at the folks he bought it from. Maybe a little "seller's remorse" coupled with a spare key they forgot to hand over...I'm just saying:hmm: I wish you the best of luck. I hate thieves.

Bob

:mad:

Bump, I'm sorry Bart. Hoping you get her in back in one piece.

:mad:

If he's only had it two weeks, I'd take a look at the folks he bought it from. Maybe a little "seller's remorse" coupled with a spare key they forgot to hand over...I'm just saying:hmm: I wish you the best of luck. I hate thieves.

Bob

Thanks Bob.

I've thought of that too. And I took it up with Bart. But he says he is on good terms with the PO (who is apparently amongst the team trying to help here). - If I understood Bart correctly.

Don't worry. We aim to leave no stone unturned on this!

As this progresses we'll try and keep you all informed.

Police and towies in Wellington have been thoroughly checked too.

i feel for you bud ive had it happen and with everything i owned in it gone in a instant but i did get my car back albiet a bit trashed as they got pissed at my antitheft method but i lost all my belongings all i can say is keep the search up it was a helicopter that found my car in the bush
it looks 1 of the rarer colours and in good nick the thiefs will wait to the heat has gone 2-3 months and then do with it what they plan so keep looking bud good luck

Hey mate post this up in the Stolen/Lost and Found section on offroadexpress.co.nz, NZs biggest 4x4 website

Can you please do that?

I'll help you in any way I can.

I am a member of ORE but my membership must have lapsed because I can't logon and I can't raise anyone there (administrators) to fix the situation.

Oops. I'm sitting here with Bart and logged on as Hohepa ...... Damn

I really am Tom/Lostmarbles :lol:

Can you please do that?
I'll help you in any way I can.
I am a member of ORE but my membership must have lapsed because I can't logon and I can't raise anyone there (administrators) to fix the situation.
Oops. I'm sitting here with Bart and logged on as Hohepa ...... Damn
I really am Tom/Lostmarbles :lol:

OK. The quote above was really me speaking .... but I was logged on as Bart because I was showing him how to post and load stuff on MUD at the time. (He came round my place for tea.)

And being age-disadvantaged ....... I forgot I wasn't logged on as myself.........:lol:

Dang computers ......they's all tooooo confusssing.

I've got lots of stuff to tell about how this is progressing and what we plan on doing next.

And we're very grateful for all the support. It is amazing when a vehicle gets stolen in little ol' Wellington New Zealand and it causes people to get involved in California, Washington, Canterbury, Queensland etc. And Bart's Facebook tells a similar story of people keen to help and expressing sympathy and outrage from far off lands.

It's been a long day and I must hit the sack soon but here is another example of the support Bart has whipped up. This article has recently appeared in the Northern Advocate newspaper:

NorthernAdvocate.JPG

And a great little newspaper that is too. (My mother and stepfather lived in Herekino Northland .... So I've been in their offices myself and met some of their fine staff.)

NorthernAdvocate.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom