Taurus fan parts list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive been searching for hours, I think my brain is about fried...

Im putting together a list of parts needed for a Taurus Fan install.
Please let me know if I have forgotten anything.

1 - Continuous Duty Relay 80A or better
2 - 12 VDC Auto Relay SPDT 30/40A
1 - Temp sensor for the block/head
1 - Taurus fan with 3 wires
1 - 3 setting switch
8 and 10 gauge wire
Connectors
A place to mount everything

Have I forgotten anything important or not quite strong enough?
Thanks for any advice :cheers:

Just curious, Do I need 4 or 5 post relays?

I already have a few 194 Signal-Stat 12V- 40A relays, But should I get different ones?
Here is what it looks like, Is it usable? Electrical work is my bane...
Relay.JPG

relays

Depending on which Taurus fan you got, you might have issues with only a 40 amp auto relay. Those fans can draw 100 amps for a moment on startup. A lot of people use continuous duty solenoids made for golf carts--they look like Ford starter relays but are rated continuous. The ones I used are White Rogers WR70-111224

The other thing is that if your fan is 3-wire it is a two speed fan and if you use 2 relays you can wire it so you can choose hi or lo speed with a switch on the dash.

good luck

vitesse

come down and we'll do this

i even got your fan

holy overkill batman,

your set

i got a diagram or 2 if you need as well

Cool. How much CFM does the Taurus fan pull? I'm more familiar with the Lincoln MKVIII fan which pulls 4,500CFM.

Fan Control

Hello,

I just thought I would throw this out there....I was going to set up an electric fan on my rig. Don't have enough room for the fan though.

I have the high output taurus fan in excellent condition & a brand new Delta Current Control FK-50P controller. It has everything you need in one small package. Pretty slick unit, I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't get the fan to fit.

I am considering selling it if your interested.

Good luck with your installation

Looks like you have a plan already. I guess I've been lucky with my setup 30a fused power from to 40a relay. heat sensor on block or switch will ground relay and power fan. Haven't had the issue of fan pulling to much juice and I only run the high. I did have to go to a higher output alt. as fan does draw some amps on high.

disregard.

Hello,

I just thought I would throw this out there....I was going to set up an electric fan on my rig. Don't have enough room for the fan though.

I have the high output taurus fan in excellent condition & a brand new Delta Current Control FK-50P controller. It has everything you need in one small package. Pretty slick unit, I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't get the fan to fit.

I am considering selling it if your interested.

Good luck with your installation

This is definatly the best setup that you can have and with the Delta you will have less strain on your charging/ electrical system. This will be a very easy install with everything you need. I would jump on this if the price is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom