1971 FJ40 Wiring Diagram (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't recall where I found this diagram. I believe it was another thread here. Anyway I have a '71 40 and downloaded a wiring diagram. The quality was a bit off so I spent some time cleaning up the JPG. Here is the cleaned version. I am not sure what years it is good for though... Sorry...

Steve
71fj40_wire.jpg

We can't see your "cleaned up" original via this link. Perhaps host it somewhere, and point us to it?

Unfortunately, it is small and low resolution, 72 dpi image, so some labels are unreadable. You need about 300 dpi minimum for a line drawing like this. The original .gif file in tech links may be "dirty", but it is 40 times larger than your .jpeg and has a high enough resolution to read all the labels. There is no reason that you would have to lose resolution to clean up the image.

Last edited:
72 wiring diagram

030_30.JPG

Tried this one
I guess I will resize it first. Does that look silly or what?
I have these on a disc,but when I upload it shrincks .
030_30.jpg

Last edited:
I can see it with MG.

You are right. The pic I am working on is a GIF, NOT a jpg. Plus it is large. Not sure of the resolution. It must have been the upload process. In any event I am fixing all the lettering anyway and will repost.

Should have waited... Can't see how to delete my post...

Unfortunately, it is small and low resolution, 72 dpi image, so some labels are unreadable. You need about 300 dpi minimum for a line drawing like this. The original .gif file in tech links may be "dirty", but it is 40 times larger than your .jpeg and has a high enough resolution to read all the labels. There is no reason that you would have to lose resolution to clean up the image.

Does that look silly or what?

It is just another low resolution 72 dpi image so that you can't read the labels.

If you are scanning these, use 300 to 600 dpi at a minimum. Use something like Photoshop, where you can control the resolution to manipulate the image. The file size is a good indicator of quality. Shoot for at least 5 mb.

I would be interested to know how you cleaned up the lettering?

I would find the best 'letter' on the schematic, clean it up a bit, and cut and paste it where the lettering was blurred in other words.

Did the 71 schematic this way. It was very time consuming. The other schematics I have not done.

You have a rotery headlight switch on your 71? No? Me neither.

That's a schematic for an earlier truck (like my 64).

Just saying.

:cheers:
Doesn't look like it has enough fuses either unless it is a very early '71 :hmm:

You have a rotery headlight switch on your 71? No? Me neither.

That's a schematic for an earlier truck (like my 64).

Just saying.

:cheers:
I don't have a 71 so I don't know, but there are other things that might be different in this diagram.
Does your 71 have 2 flashers?

Doesn't look like it has enough fuses either unless it is a very early '71 :hmm:
The diagram shows an optional seperate flasher for the haz and inline fuse between the haz and the stop fuse.
Can the people who have pre 72s/ shed some light into this.

This diagram is out of my H manual, scanned all the diagrams for Coolerman.
I can't confirm how accurate it is regarding US cruisers, but I find it very helpfull from 74 to 80 and it shows differneces for different countries.
Like for example it lists diagrams for North America with E ignition starting from 78, but I bought a stock 77 Canadian 40 with E-ignition.
Vic

I have the Hayne's (toilet paper manual, I think Poser calls it), too. I also have the same diagram in a factory chassis and body manual from Toyota that has "1971" as a printing date in the back, but my 9/70 is not wired that way.

My 1967 Toyota Land Cruiser Parts Book lists the optional hazard warning switch (pull-with a knob matching the headlight switch) and a pull headlight switch, which suggests that the rotary lighting switch is at least pre-67.

There wasn't a provision for a hazard warning switch on my 65 model year truck for sure, and my 64 manual electrical diagram doesn't show it.

I believe that the first hazard warning switches had a red, kind of oval-egg shaped knob which was unique to 1966 (I think, maybe someone has one and can say for sure), and I suspect your diagram best corresponds to that year.

edit: yes, my 71 has two flashers.

Coolerman,

I opened the image file for editing in Paint. Paint has the ability to add text. I just retyped the text in an empty area of the pic, then moved it where I wanted it.

I would be interested to know how you cleaned up the lettering?

I would find the best 'letter' on the schematic, clean it up a bit, and cut and paste it where the lettering was blurred in other words.

Did the 71 schematic this way. It was very time consuming. The other schematics I have not done.

My '71 doesn't have hazards and only had one flasher.

I don't have a 71 so I don't know, but there are other things that might be different in this diagram.
Does your 71 have 2 flashers?

The diagram shows an optional seperate flasher for the haz and inline fuse between the haz and the stop fuse.
Can the people who have pre 72s/ shed some light into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom