Just Bought A FJ-40, Now What ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought an FJ-40 1982 with an original F2 motor...

the body work is ok

nice liitle vehicle

now what parts suppliers should i use ? CC, OME, HFS i dunno what do yall think

I also would like ideas on repair manuals - i.e. which one is the best

looking at the pics, what do you all think is lacking ?

also any tips or tricks you know which would help me out with anything please post or link to them thanks.....

is joining TLCA actually worth it ? or is it just a sticker club ?

basically i am a young guy, just needing direction

thanks,
tylerp
dbc1_12.jpg
cb96_12.jpg
dcae_12.jpg

Just bought an FJ-40 1982 with an original F2 motor...

the body work is ok

nice liitle vehicle

also any tips or tricks you know which would help me out with anything please post or link to them thanks.....

Welcome.

As far as tips and tricks go, the FAQ is loaded with just about everything you will want to know.

That is a very nice looking rig; I cannot imagine anything else you would want to do with it. :cheers:

Read FAQ....

Nice lookin rig....

Welcome! You came to the right place just start reading and you will learn a lot. Is that diamond plate on top of your bumperettes?

Welcome Tyler! You do have a good looking rig there. All your questions can be answered if you plan to use it as a daily driver, rock crawling, mud slinging or lil of everything. Pick one and start cutting, chopping, welding, swapping and of course buying!
As for me, if I had your rig Ill get a more aggressive tire. But I do minor off road (hunting) and mostly dirt roads with lil or no challenge.
What ever you do always check back here. Plenty of help and ideas.
Good luck and congratulations. Your in for a journey you'll never forget.

Throw some PS, an HFS 4" kit, some 33 x 10.50's, and your set...

now what parts suppliers should i use ? CC, OME, HFS i dunno what do yall think
All of them are pretty good. I have used all and they all were good. Also consider Spectra off road

I also would like ideas on repair manuals - i.e. which one is the best

looking at the pics, what do you all think is lacking ? I think a HFS(CCOT lift) would look great with white wagon wheels.

is joining TLCA actually worth it ? or is it just a sticker club ? they are good for the support they offer to local chapters. Find your local chapter as I did and get with a good group of people to surround yourself with.

basically i am a young guy, just needing direction Great site. I got LOADS of info on doing a search and FAQ. But if you have anymore questions I will do the best I can to help you. Sometimes doing a search won't answer your question but most of the time it will lead to undiscovered answers.

also consider a tuffy console. What will this rig be used for? Off road or DD(daily driver)?

Get rid of the tint.

It looks like you are in Texas, or at least the truck was from Texas. Look to join the LSLC (in my sig-line).

Nice score!! welcome
:flipoff2: I always wanted to do that its the newb
welcome to the club salute

nice rig..it looks that its just need some good driving around what ever you like to go,,look for a sponsor for a calendar photo shot..buy another one with a lot of RUST,,then you will appreciate..how nice score you GOT...

Nice rig!! Take your time...and do your research!! Look in the FAQ section!! Lots of good and bad info.

later
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom