Wrong plugs installed on SC'ed 97. How bad is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I bought and installed some DENSO 3435 Iridium Long Life Gap .032 plugs and installed them (along with other basic tune-up parts) I have since discovered that those are for non SC'ed motors. I think the ones I need are: Denso Spark Plug Kit for Boosted 1FZs
Denso 3127's.

How bad is this? I have driven a few hundred miles and she runs OK. I plan on ordering the new plugs and swapping, but will not have the time for a while.

I can't imagine it's any sort of problem at all. How did they look coming out? Consistent, like new?

The plugs looked ok, not rich not lean according to some images I researched, They were loose as all hell though! Very little tq if any to break them loose. Not sure what happened there..good thing I caught it. (LC is new to me and I am baselining and restoring surely but slowly.)
The new ones are in and snugged up now.

While many of us SC drivers are running plugs for the turbo MR2, the 3435 should run fine. Maybe just not optimal? If the first set of plugs were loose. Then either they were not torqued properly or there is a problem with the head. Maybe someone damaged the threads due to WAY over torquing them? I would double check the new plugs occasionally to verify that they are holding proper torque.

I run MR2 plugs as well, if you cant score those hit up Joey witsend hes got em.

for what it's worth I run and prefer a copper plug. I don't think you'll get a consensus of what plug is the best. Just like every other topic on here.

First thing you will notice if you have a slight ping is a sizeable drop in fuel economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom