Wood Trim Replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure! Rip it all out, paint and topcoat it to look like anything you want, re-install it... voila!

My wife has this crazy cutter thing that makes all sorts of designs on any type of paper.

I'm playing with getting the measurement perfect to make a vinyl wrap that covers the wood trim.

My personal look is to replicate the '16+ dash of the shift plate is black and the surround is a silver. I've already have the shifter itself turned silver.

Thanks for the input guys.

Any chance you can post the shifter Taco?
IMG_0385.JPG

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't by my truck till recently to get this picture.

Does the added layer make it stick/bulk up at all?

I wouldn't mind wrapping my center console. For some reason every pic I see on here their console is carbon fibery looking whereas mine is piano black and collects prints worse than my phone.

Does the added layer make it stick/bulk up at all?

I wouldn't mind wrapping my center console. For some reason every pic I see on here their console is carbon fibery looking whereas mine is piano black and collects prints worse than my phone.

I don't know how many mils thick it is but I was surprised as to how well it contours and "wraps" around the shape of the substrate.

Does anyone know if the fake wood panels come off the door individually or not? And if so, how? I don't want to break anything...

I think the most cost efficient way to do this is to wrap the dash and door trim in vinyl and wrap the steering wheel with a leather wrap.

Below are my test wrap on the rear doors, I will be using the brushed black for both the door handles and on the silver/grey plastic panels on the dash (where the start button and transfer case switch are located):

Just picked up a 2010 and some wood is lifting in a few areas. Anyone have any luck using epoxy to glue it back down? Does anyone know if you replace it eventually would the epoxy make it more difficult or do new veneers come attached to a backing panel? Or are they just thin veneers??

I think the most cost efficient way to do this is to wrap the dash and door trim in vinyl and wrap the steering wheel with a leather wrap.

Below are my test wrap on the rear doors, I will be using the brushed black for both the door handles and on the silver/grey plastic panels on the dash (where the start button and transfer case switch are located):

Man, this looks great, was it difficult to do? I personally have never wrapped anything before. I was just looking at my interior door handles today and wanted to protect them, they seem to scratch easy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom