Wiper change (yes, I feel dumb) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used to use RainX but now I'm an Invisible Glass convert. It doesn't streak like the RainX does and seems to clean up windows better when using their wipes or spray.
Never heard of them before. :hmm:

I've been using these for over a decade.
Umm rain-x is a product that reduces surface tension which results in water beading up and sliding off glass. Those products are for cleaning glass. While I 100% agree that Invisible Glass in aerosol form is great, it isn't meant for repelling water.

Umm rain-x is a product that reduces surface tension which results in water beading up and sliding off glass. Those products are for cleaning glass. While I 100% agree that Invisible Glass in aerosol form is great, it isn't meant for repelling water.
See that's the thing, logically I'd agree. However, I use it because it has a side effect of beading water it seems to me when using the bottle or spray can. The more you use it, especially in the spray bottle, it seems to be able to bead water. I used to use it on my whole vehicle after washing back when I had a Focus SVT and it definitely made a difference. I even ran a side by side comparison on the back window with RainX and got the same result minus the streaking the RainX causes when using a wiper. I'm not a chemist, I'm just reporting my one off experience and it seems to work as well for that purpose.

Reactions: r2m

"Increases" in a sense actually I think, via the hydrophobic nature of rain-x

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom