Winch cover, yes or no? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I find that synthetic line on the drum doesn't let much grit in to the fibers because it's wound tight (glacial silt aside - that crap is nasty). I also take my line off, toss it in the washing machine and respool properly at least one a year, or if the line as been dragged through a lot of mud. I do the same with my kinetic ropes and soft shackles.

I just installed a new Warn winch and I have no experience with them so I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase a cover, or is it not really necessary. I'm thinking that it would probably be a good idea to protect my investment, but IDK. What say you all?
If you look after your gear it will look after you. You have just spent a heap of money on it, go the little bit extra and get a cover for it.

I run a cover on mine when not in use. Just a neoprene thing. I just don't like all the moisture from the rain getting into my line. As @Feldrian mentioned, I clean mine regularly and air dry it thoroughly before I wind it back on the drum under tension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom