Windshield Wiper Motor Died. Replacement ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
My windshield wiper motor died on me as soon as it started raining. Go figure. I'm 100% sure it is the motor, as I can plug in my other cruiser's motor, and it works. It is not a switch/ground issue. I'm not 100% sure if it is a factory motor, as there is no paint on it at all, which seems to be uncommon from the other ones that I have looked at, and it seems to spin much faster than ones that I know are factory. So, is it worth rebuilding? I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with it. It was working when I wired my new build, and I have no idea why it died. Are there any replacement motors from other vehicles that may work as a replacement? I thought that I read somewhere that people have had luck with a Volvo motor, but I haven't been able to find that thread again.

I would love some advice on what would be the best replacement / fix for this.

Thanks!

I thought there was a company that would rebuild the wiper motor. Some where on the east coast, maybe the Carolinas?
I fitted a Bosch wiper motor from an early 2000s Volvo. It did require some retro fitting, and rewiring. It has worked for a few years without issue.

I thought there was a company that would rebuild the wiper motor. Some where on the east coast, maybe the Carolinas?
I fitted a Bosch wiper motor from an early 2000s Volvo. It did require some retro fitting, and rewiring. It has worked for a few years without issue.

Do you know what motor it was from? How much work was it to retrofit?

I believe I used the Volvo s40 motor.
This is the thread I used:
I had to make a new mounting plate so that the Bosch motor would fit on the windshield and under the motor cover. I also had to use the larger wiper motor cover. Overall, took me a couple days of test fitting and such to get it mounted and wired up. I believe I had to supply +12 to the motor through the switch. OEM I recall needs -12 from the switch. Wiring was pretty simple.
I’ll try and find those pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom