Window runs sticking on all doors. Any fixes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Subject says it all. I'm not sure it is the window runs, but the windows are all stiff and hard to roll up and down. Except on hot days. Hot weather makes them easy to roll down. New window runs all the way around are pretty pricey so I thought I'd see if anyone knew of alternative solutions (that work)?
Thanks
Koby

Find a lube called LPS1, it's a greaseless form of spooge, don't be afraid to spray the gaskets, pull the door panels and shoot the mechanisms. Should take care of it.

Thanks Texx. Is LPS1 an auto parts store type thing?

I had the same issue- tried various lubricants then bit the bullet and called Cdan- Now they are like butter- He said they were soon to be discontinued.

Smokey. Do you remember how much you spent??

It depends on what you need- I got everything and it was like 110.00 a window (if I remember correctly) but you can buy the inside run for like 20.00- and the outer run was like 75-80

Sticking Windows

Didn't have time to remove the door panels, so I just cleaned the upper tracks with a screwdriver and rag. Applied silicone grease using Qtips (about 4 per door). Ran the windows up and down several times. This did the trick. Make sure you run the engine when working the motors, you can easily run the battery down if just on accessory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom