Window regulator, where can you find them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a window regulator for both the front doors and 2 door panels for a 72 FJ40. Where can I find these parts?

I have the window with the bottom metal piece on it. I need the arm that goes to the metal piece and the regulator on both sides. Is there a generic that can be put in there or does it have to be FJ40 specific and are these parts still available anywhere?
Window regulator.JPG

I bought the ones from CCOT. They work fine and seem like decent quality. Not super beefy, but good enough. It's hard to find original ones that don't have stripped gears.

Cruisercorps also has them

I just tried installing the ones I got from CCOT and was having problems. Is there any reason why the replacement would be coming out of the track when the window is nearly rolled up? The stock one I replaced didn't have this problem. Is the open end of the channel on the bottom of the window supposed to be facing in towards the car or out towards the doors? I was going to measure the arms of the replacement vs the stock regulators before pulling the windows.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

1974 FJ40

I recently replaced the window regulators on my '74 and didn't have that problem. If I understand your question, the open side of the channel should face the inside of the vehicle. Always a good idea to replace one side at a time so you can check the other side's configuration if necessary. Also, the regulators are handed, so make you you haven't switched them.

The problem I did have was the old channel kept falling off the bottom of the glass when I rolled the window down, so I ended up replacing the metal channels and rubber piece that goes inside.

I just tried installing the ones I got from CCOT and was having problems. Is there any reason why the replacement would be coming out of the track when the window is nearly rolled up? The stock one I replaced didn't have this problem. Is the open end of the channel on the bottom of the window supposed to be facing in towards the car or out towards the doors? I was going to measure the arms of the replacement vs the stock regulators before pulling the windows.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

1974 FJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom