window felt for soft top doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rockcrawler
as some may know i have the original soft top doors since my hard doors were STOLEN. anyway, the plexiglass windows rattle louder than the engine roars so what should i use for window felt? in searching this site i've found that for the hard doors the inside felt is different from the outside felt. but i can't ever find any info on soft top doors.

also, has anyone with soft top doors replaced (upgraded) the door handles?

milesstarkey said:
also, has anyone with soft top doors replaced (upgraded) the door handles?

SOR has the felt strips and some other soft parts if your dealer doesn't.

The problem with the handle is that the hole gets worn in a oval. You can sleeve it with tube and tig weld it in.

If you ever start fooling with these doors, the parts that you will need and can't find are the sheet metal strip at the top of the canvas and the metal strips that retain the weather strip. It sucks having to fabricate ditsy stuff like that by tin banging.

i've been looking for the handles that are on jeep soft top doors cheap enough to see if they could be adapted to fit my doors. i hate it when someone gets out of the passenger seat, swings the door shut and walks away just to see it hit the truck and bounce back. has anyone done something like this to these doors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom