Winch choice for my 95 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 90 series group.

My Prado is sporting a new high clearance bumper and it's crying out for a winch. Just wanted to get some experienced opinions on what to buy. I haven't had any history with them so will appreciate any pointers. Like everything spending lots usually gets the best product but I do have a budget. With a loaded KZJ95 at about 6000 lbs is it a must to use the often advertised X 1.5 capacity rule or would an 8000 lbs unit be adequate? Anyone using the Warn VR Evo 8? I like the price but is it enough?

Thanks
20221018_111302.jpg

Minimum you want is a 10K Warn or Come up ;)

Subject has been beat to death in the 80 section :rolleyes:

Hello 90 series group.

My Prado is sporting a new high clearance bumper and it's crying out for a winch. Just wanted to get some experienced opinions on what to buy. I haven't had any history with them so will appreciate any pointers. Like everything spending lots usually gets the best product but I do have a budget. With a loaded KZJ95 at about 6000 lbs is it a must to use the often advertised X 1.5 capacity rule or would an 8000 lbs unit be adequate? Anyone using the Warn VR Evo 8? I like the price but is it enough?

ThanksView attachment 3159085
Nice bumper! I put a 10k ComeUp on my ARB.

Where did you get the bumper? I have been looking to get one for my Prado 95 but have been unable to find anything outside of getting on the ARB waitlist.
Beware of the "waitlist". I ordered an ARB last December from Bumpersuperstore and they kept claiming it was coming. They canceled my order in May without telling me and blamed ARB when I called in late June for an update. I called ARB and they actually had the bumpers in stock sitting there in Washington. I ordered through the local shop and had it a week later. Call Mule Outfitters and ask for Ian - (503) 878-4420.
Prado ARB.jpg

Where did you get the bumper? I have been looking to get one for my Prado 95 but have been unable to find anything outside of getting on the ARB waitlist.
It’s a coastal off-road bumper 😉

Beware of the "waitlist". I ordered an ARB last December from Bumpersuperstore and they kept claiming it was coming. They canceled my order in May without telling me and blamed ARB when I called in late June for an update. I called ARB and they actually had the bumpers in stock sitting there in Washington. I ordered through the local shop and had it a week later. Call Mule Outfitters and ask for Ian - (503) 878-4420. View attachment 3162072
This.

This is the only way to get a bumper, or anything not commonly stocked in the US. I had the exact same experience with another vendor. ARB in WA will tell you what they have in stock and where, and then a local vendor can order it.

.... or, work with an ARB dealer that stocks bumpers. Barring backorders out of Australia, Cruiser Outfitters stocks the full lineup of ARB winchbars, 4x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 100, 200, etc. If we are backordered, we have our name on inbound stock and can generally get you a bumper much quicker than any new order from a non-stocking dealer.

.... or, work with an ARB dealer that stocks bumpers. Barring backorders out of Australia, Cruiser Outfitters stocks the full lineup of ARB winchbars, 4x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 100, 200, etc. If we are backordered, we have our name on inbound stock and can generally get you a bumper much quicker than any new order from a non-stocking dealer.
Appreciate the guidance here. I did contact a couple of Mud vendors, but those I spoke with (not you, unfortunately) either were no longer ARB vendors or had really high shipping fees to the east coast. I’d rather work through you next time I do this… do you have a way to get a bumper drop shipped out East?

Appreciate the guidance here. I did contact a couple of Mud vendors, but those I spoke with (not you, unfortunately) either were no longer ARB vendors or had really high shipping fees to the east coast. I’d rather work through you next time I do this… do you have a way to get a bumper drop shipped out East?

Absolutely!

It's from Coastal Offroad. You can get it as a DIY also.

Hello 90 series group.

ThanksView attachment 3159085
This is a great-looking rig! I have a 1996 KZJ95 and am looking for a bumper like this. Can you share where you got this and possibly a part number? Haven't had any luck finding one in the States.

Thanks!

This is a great-looking rig! I have a 1996 KZJ95 and am looking for a bumper like this. Can you share where you got this and possibly a part number? Haven't had any luck finding one in the States.

Thanks!
Mine came from Coastal Offroad and was their first 90 series design. Talk to Brandon at Offroad.
He did a beautiful job and the price point is very good. I put a Warn VR Evo 10 winch in there and it fit perfectly. Love it!

Did you weld yours together? The one I see online is a weld-together kit.
They're all weld together. Put the same one on my wife's 1st gen Sequoia. It's great!

Did you weld yours together? The one I see online is a weld-together kit.
Hi CruiserPrado

Sorry for not responding sooner. I havent been on Mud for awhile.
Mine was a prototype and designed, assembled, powder coated and installed by Coastal. I believe they will do it either way but having it shipped to OR as a kit seems like
the way to go unless you can wip up to Vancouver.

K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom