Will a 82 2f swap with 87 2F............. (1 Viewer)

Just wondering if this will go without a hiccup. Got a guy with an 87 FJ60 needing essentially my long block. I would like to use all of his parts, acces, lines, etc. just my block, head, oilpan. I would like to know if there is anything unexpected i might run into in the process of swaping my 2F in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The gurus will chime in, but I believe there is a difference in one of the transmission crossmembers or something. Same reason it's a little more work to swap an five speed into a pre-85 cruiser. But if you were hooking up to his transmission that wouldn't be a problem.

Other than that...everything should be gravy.

As for "anything unexpected" well I make no promises anytime you do a heart transplant there are potential complications.

thanks fowldarr, yeah all he needs is the engine, he has a 4 speed, as do i, so no problem there. I understand the unexpected gremlens issue just thought i'd ask

anyone got anything else, or just too reluctant to speek up
just kiddin.......kinda

:beer:

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star

The engines will swap. I'm running an '81 engine in my '86.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

think there was a slight change in the head or vavles or something but that would have no effect

but carb, alt, etc etc is all the same

thank you landpimp, pretty sure I'm gonna go ahead with it. Ill post some pics of the swap to let you guys know how things went.

And again THANKS FOR THE CONFORMATION
gotta give props to your fellow MUDder never know when you may need there support....:beer:

Some states don't technically allow you to put an older engine in. I know that it is technically illegal here in Idaho, but there is no way that anybody would ever know.

if thats against the law then between my father and I, we should be put under the jail, all jokes aside i had no idea that law existed.

It's a state by state thing. The only place it's probably enforced is in California. And notice my original post I said 'Technically'. The point of the law is that older engines pollute more...yada, yada, yada.

Dynosoar

Slightly Disturbed
SILVER Star

the early (I think 78 and older) 2fs don't have a provision for the power steering bracket.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom