Rebuilding 2F and Fuel injection Or 1Fz swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple of things here. Do I Rebuid my 2f (please recommend a good engine rebuilder in the PNW) install a Fuel injection kit. Or find a 1Fz, I have a H55 and fj company makes a 1fz to h55 bell housing. then the fuel injection is already equip. A 1FZ rebuild would still be in order. I am not really sure what's goes in to a 1FZ swap. I haven't seen many of them in a 87 60.

When you mention Fuel Injection Kit, do you mean a Holley Sniper? I would say that would be a hell of alot easier than a 1FZ swap. To be honest I think the 1FZ factory EFI system is slighlty agricultural and complex for conversion purposes. It is still a very solid setup though. Maybe if you could purchase a whole wrecked vehicle and utilise all the needed components and you would basically have a factory EFI system.

Have you considered a carb'd 1FZ-F? I still am unsure what markets had them, but could be a simpler process.
Also you could eventually Sniper the 1FZ, even turbo it too if you had a spare 5 to 10K to burn....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom