Wide to narrow front end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wonder if the new 70 series would accept the fenders and hood of the old ones (pre 2007)

If it can take the fenders? would the 2007 and below axle fit on the newer ones without changing brackets?

I personally like the older 70s. the new plastic headlights and weird looking fenders are not for me

Old-school

90417e1612498473922bfb0e6b2f364e.jpg

Current

toyota-landcruiser-70-series-19.jpg

I would think the wider frame dimensions (firewall forward) would be an issue when fitting the narrow nose body parts.
This is where the smart folks can chime in and tell me I’m wrong. 😊

Last edited:
last time i looked, the whole front clip (firewall forward) needs to be replaced.

Yes the body panels would all need to be replaced for sure as they are not the same.

But are the firewalls the same? Could you bolt up a 75 fenders to the tub of a 79?

The frame could present an issue I can check this.

Yes the body panels would all need to be replaced for sure as they are not the same.

But are the firewalls the same? Could you bolt up a 75 fenders to the tub of a 79?

The frame could present an issue I can check this.

The fender to firewall mounts are mostly the same. I believe one or two are in a different spot but nothing major.
Frame to rad support mounts are wider on the 07+ nose by a fair bit.
The entire support core is different.
No checking is required.

I agree... the round eye look appeals to me much more than the wide nose look. Anything is possible. I suppose the real question is does the effort required to make this kind of mod warrant the change? How much do you prefer the older look?

If you’re going in that deep, go for it.

Hello,

It is possible to change the front clip of a narrow nose 70 Series for that of a wide nose.

From 2007 on the front frame rails have additional spacing to accommodate the V6/V8 engines.

A narrow nose clip fitted on a wide nose Cruiser may not fit/align with the frame rails.

Juan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom