Who's currently making the best replacement panels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting to dive in on my 40's body work and I need a few panels... I'll be doing a resto-mod so I might make a few panels.

• Rear Sill
  • Drivers floor panel
  • Maybe rear quarters (I'll likely make them)
  • Maybe rockers (I'll likely make them)
  • Lower Door sections
  • Hard Top drip rail
I have been looking at Real Steel parts but I am hoping for some first hand experience of recommended vendors. I am in no huge hurry but would like to have the steel welded in and the 40 in paint before winter closes in here in Montana... which is late September :) So delivery time is somewhat important.

ccot for all.
others may be less....but you either pay in the front or pay in the back, either way you're going to pay.

I’ll be in the same boat soon. I’ve read Real Steel and CCOT are both pretty good. Neither without issues. Maybe just go with whichever one can be delivered first? I know some panels can take a while.

Starting to dive in on my 40's body work and I need a few panels... I'll be doing a resto-mod so I might make a few panels.

• Rear Sill
  • Drivers floor panel
  • Maybe rear quarters (I'll likely make them)
  • Maybe rockers (I'll likely make them)
  • Lower Door sections
  • Hard Top drip rail
I have been looking at Real Steel parts but I am hoping for some first hand experience of recommended vendors. I am in no huge hurry but would like to have the steel welded in and the 40 in paint before winter closes in here in Montana... which is late September :) So delivery time is somewhat important.

I just received a driver's side floor pan yesterday from Real Steel. Initially I was very impressed with the quality of work, but after looking at against the factory floor I am less impressed. My plan was to cut out a small section and use it as a patch, it will work great for this. If I was replacing entire panels I would go with ccot.

My experience is with Real Steel. I bought a rear seal and floor, both were good. I had the same experience with my front floor pans. they looked good at first glance but when you set it in against the original floor, it isn't that good. Definitely turned into several patches instead of a panel replacement.
That said, I don't expect it to drop right in place. I expect to have some cutting/trimming and forming it to fit right. I have heard good things from the CCOT panels and will be trying them out next.

Thanks guys I haven't considered CCOT for panels until now. I appreciate the feedback.

Anyone used the Reel Steel sill for a 76?

I've been very happy with the replacement panels (1978 fj40) purchased from Real Steel. Very well made and darn close to original. That includes rear quarters, wheel wells, rocker panels, and floor pans. I've called them on multiple occasions with questions and they have been extremely helpful. Quick shipping as well.

I was just talking with @miller when I found out he is only about 15-20 minutes from me. His 75 build is super nice and he used all RSCP for his. He may have based his decision on RSCP only being about 45 minutes South from him and being able to just go pick them up. You may want to PM him to get his actual thoughts on the products. Hope this helps!

I vote SOR, I am not sure who makes them though... Just did a drivers floor and it worked out well.

I used real steel for rear sill and quarter panels and was impressed with quality, but more importantly so was the shop installing them. Great customer service.

I used CCOT for rear sill, quarters, fender wells and front door bottoms and all were excellent although expensive. I used real steel for the bed floor and it was good but not as precise especially with the ribbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom