Who is running the SCS F5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Mine are the 16 x 8's with 3.5 BS. In the early 2000's, you could get at 37" MTR for a 16" wheel. I guess times have changed. I went with the 16's since I wasn't going to go bigger than 35's on my mildly lifted 80. It still has to fit in the garage at work. Did you mean the 3.5 BS? Personally, I like the negative offset; always makes the 80 look weird to me when I put the stockers back on for the winter.

So many people posting pics that don't show where they sit in the fenders and don't say the backspacing, missing the point here, lol.

Mine are the 16 x 8's with 3.5 BS. In the early 2000's, you could get at 37" MTR for a 16" wheel. I guess times have changed. I went with the 16's since I wasn't going to go bigger than 35's on my mildly lifted 80. It still has to fit in the garage at work. Did you mean the 3.5 BS? Personally, I like the negative offset; always makes the 80 look weird to me when I put the stockers back on for the winter.
Ooooops, yes I meant the 3.5 offset. Fixed. Thanks

I keep asking people about size and offset but can't seem to get a response. How about yours?
I just ordered 17x9 with the 3.5 offset and hoping I made the right choice. They will be here Friday!

Not sure what tires you'll be running, but a 9" wheel sounds pretty wide to me. Wider wheels tend to loose the bead when aired down more so than narrower wheels. Unless you are going for something wider than a 315, I would go narrower.

Not sure what tires you'll be running, but a 9" wheel sounds pretty wide to me. Wider wheels tend to loose the bead when aired down more so than narrower wheels. Unless you are going for something wider than a 315, I would go narrower.
Stocks are 8 inches wide though correct?

I ended up getting the 3.5 BS. Wanted to push the wheels out a little more. I can get some front end and back end pics if anyone is interested. Need to put my track bars on first.

1Xp6oBxh.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up getting the 4.5BS. Wanted to push the wheels out a little more. I can get some front end and back end pics if anyone is interested. Need to put my track bars on first.

I'd love to see some shots that show where the wheels sit in relation to the fenders, really nice truck!

I ended up getting the 4.5BS. Wanted to push the wheels out a little more. I can get some front end and back end pics if anyone is interested. Need to put my track bars on first.
1Xp6oBxh.jpg

They look great! I believe OEM backspacing is 4.5. 3.5 BS would put the wheels pretty much flush with the flares.

Last edited:
I'd love to see some shots that show where the wheels sit in relation to the fenders, really nice truck!

I will snap some tomorrow or Saturday

I believe OEM backspacing is 4.5. 3.5 BS would put the wheels pretty much flush with the flares.

You are correct. Thanks for that. Post edited.

Would like to see a straight on shot of the 17's in 3.5bs without flares to get an idea how much they actually stick out from the fenders.

I ended up getting the 3.5 BS. Wanted to push the wheels out a little more. I can get some front end and back end pics if anyone is interested. Need to put my track bars on first.

1Xp6oBxh.jpg
Yes please for the "down the side view". From this view I think I've made the correct choice getting the 3.5 bs. I get mine tomorrow, so excited!!!!

So many people posting pics that don't show where they sit in the fenders and don't say the backspacing, missing the point here, lol.

Top of post 12.

16's, 3.5

Top of post 12.

16's, 3.5

Great shot, looks like the 3.5" BS is the way to go for a truck with flares. Those are the KM3's, in what size?

315 75 16

17x9 3.5 BS

IMG_0307.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom