Who else makes bumpers? (1 Viewer)

I just want to cover all my bases. I'm looking for a non tubular bumper like ARB, Slee, TJM...any other manufactures come to mind? And out of the options, which offers the best bang for the buck in your opinion?

Hanna Quality - Awesome quarter panels protection, price similar to the rest.

4x4 Labs - Best approach angle, amazing quality, you get what you pay for.

IPOR - Low price (compared to similar), great quality

Front or rear bumper?

If rear, then these are the ones I'm considering:

1. Hanna -- love the dual swing-out design, almost bolt-on except for having to adjust the tailpipe, wish it had a ladder/jerry-can-holder combo, OEM hitch fits under bumper, need to catch Ken near a production run to reduce wait time for product

2. Slee -- single swing out for tire, bolt-on and one of the easiest to install, love the low profile side tubing, wish it had a dual swing-out for ladder/jerry-can-holder, mods required to add Slee hitch attachment, probably in stock

3. 4x4 Labs -- hate the fact that you have to cut the crossmember (probably one of the most difficult to install), best modular design for the swing outs, love the ladder/jerry-can-holder/bike-rack/etc for one of the swing outs, best approach angle, can't take with you if you sell the 80, not sure about the hitch, probably custom made

If I could design my own, I would get the Hanna, add the Slee side tubing, and adapt the 4x4 Labs ladder/jerry-can-holder into one of the swing outs. The only problem is that it would cost me about $3k for such a rear bumper and that's about half the price of my 80.
4x4Labs.jpg
Hanna.jpg
Slee.jpg

Last edited:

If rear, then these are the ones I'm considering:

1. Hanna -- love the dual swing-out design, almost bolt-on except for having to adjust the tailpipe, wish it had a ladder/jerry-can-holder combo, OEM hitch fits under bumper, need to catch Ken near a production run to reduce wait time for product

2. Slee -- single swing out for tire, bolt-on and one of the easiest to install, love the low profile side tubing, wish it had a dual swing-out for ladder/jerry-can-holder, mods required to add Slee hitch attachment, probably in stock

3. 4x4 Labs -- hate the fact that you have to cut the crossmember (probably one of the most difficult to install), best modular design for the swing outs, love the ladder/jerry-can-holder/bike-rack/etc for one of the swing outs, best approach angle, can't take with you if you sell the 80, not sure about the hitch, probably custom made

If I could design my own, I would get the Hanna, add the Slee side tubing, and adapt the 4x4 Labs ladder/jerry-can-holder into one of the swing outs. The only problem is that it would cost me about $3k for such a rear bumper and that's about half the price of my 80.
Don't forget to add or mention IPOR. The rear bumper is stout and strong. If I did not have the Kaymar Deluxe Bumper, I would get this one. I like the dual swing out design, the tire has a good clearance between the tire carrier and tail gate, plus the Jerry can holder is pretty big to hold three cans.

Here's a good thread about the IPOR bumper with pictures: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/263676-new-tires-bumper-lots-other-new-mods.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom