Red line's 80 front bumper prototype (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RLMS

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.redlinelandcruisers.com
lower hoops are much better, but I am not a huge fan of the overall design. It doesn't match the overall brute look of the 80. just my 2 cents

Looks very nice. My first thought was it needs a stinger and some hoops, when lo and behold the next few pictures had them on!
I'd like see it wrap around the front corners more for that extra little bit of side protection.
Will that winch mount fit an 8274 as well?

This would not help with mass production, but you could offer two different stinger size options. Medium and Large? Just a suggestion.

Sid

I would change a few things:
-Recovery points directly attached to frame (like a shortbus bumper)
-Don't block the headlights!

Nice to see some new ideas!

grill.jpg

Ignore the red patches in the middle. That was a cover up.

I like the middle bar/stinger to be a bit lower. But this design gives you full front protection and doesn't cover lights.

What do you think?

I should have gone into graphic design is what I'm thinking.
grill.jpg

better.jpg

I like this one better. It flows with the lines of the grill and lights and doesn't look so box-like.
better.jpg

Another thing I forgot, would it be possible to run a roller fairlead instead of the hawse type? (it looks like its drilled for a hawse right now)

Another thing I forgot, would it be possible to run a roller fairlead instead of the hawse type? (it looks like its drilled for a hawse right now)

yes, both will be doable!:clap:

Justin

That thing is sweet! Any idea of prices yet?

I think it extends down to far it goes from the head lights all the way down to the axles it looks like. Make it a low profile and get ride of that huge slabs of metal on the bottom.

Would drop it in weight also. just my .02

I think it extends down to far it goes from the head lights all the way down to the axles it looks like. Make it a low profile and get ride of that huge slabs of metal on the bottom.

well we have a reason for that, it will protect the ac condensor, and the mounts go to the bottom of the frame, for more strength.

The winch is mounted high to allow, large profile winches and good aproach angles!!! Plus its beef!!

as for the tube structure, we didnt want to copy, (of coarse)
It has ARB protection with a new style!!

Thanks

Justin

It looks like a lot could be shaved. Particularly, the side wings. But it's hard to tell not seeing it in person.

Edit, i thought that was why you might have made it come low in the middle. But could the side wings be made a little higher even if it requires the ac dryer to be moved up a little?

Last edited:
The hoops IMO are way too high. Bravo for coming up with something new on the market though.... needs some revisions... or options for no hoops at all or mini ones.

What is the projected weight of this bumper? What is the largest size winch that can be mounted......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom