Whipsaw July 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As your wrecked director it is time to start planning Whipsaw 2021. Early July, maybe the weekend of the 10th, higher chance of cooler temps but more flowers. Covid restriction rules taken into consideration of course.

bump

Just maybe I’ll be able to get over for this. Always hard to time it with work.

We're highly likely to take part. Will it be Friday night (Jul 9) near Copper Creek rec site, then assemble at south end staging area for clockwise loop on Sat morning (Jul 10) and overnight at Wells Lake, then to Lodestone Sunday?

We are also hoping to make it to this wonderful sounding adventure, providing things are back to a bit more normal by then of course

Would there be any chance if I attended from the island that I could catch last ferry
back to the island on Sunday? I’ve got family on Tulameen River Road since forever (50’s)
but never done this. But hospital schedule for Monday I can’t really miss.

Would there be any chance if I attended from the island that I could catch last ferry
back to the island on Sunday? I’ve got family on Tulameen River Road since forever (50’s)
but never done this. But hospital schedule for Monday I can’t really miss.
it's definitely possible as The Almighty Google says about 4 hours from Coalmont to Tsawwassen terminal, so plan accordingly. Coalmont to Tsawwassen - https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Coalmont,+BC+V0X+1G0/Tsawwassen+Ferry+Terminal,+Ferry+Causeway,+Delta,+BC/@49.2580894,-122.378338,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x5483b7c826ed9025:0xa55d8e09e16ac5ea!2m2!1d-120.693448!2d49.507882!1m5!1m1!1s0x5485e0c237b588ed:0x2ebd19afdccddf36!2m2!1d-123.1303547!2d49.0068944!3e0

Thanks, just checked. They run those ferries really late that weekend, shouldn’t be a problem.

There's also a bug-out route south of Lodestone Lake, that takes you west to the Coquihalla Lakes area, from where it's a quick drive down to Hope.
We did that last year when we did the Whipsaw trail CCW to Lodestone, and then ran it back to the bug-out to play in the slightly more technical section again, since we wanted to carry on with our trip to the west and some of the group was heading back to the lower mainland. This route is about 45km on decent to good FSR roads, and takes about 1hr15 to get to the Britton Creek Rest Area on the Coq. Google Maps shows it's ~220km and 2hr30 from Britton Creek to Tsawwassen ferry, so about the same time as the Coalmont to Princeton and Hwy3 route Enigma mentioned.

Attachments

• whipsaw-trail.kmz
    51.4 KB · Views: 111
  • whipsaw-bug-out-to-coq-lakes-at-summit.kml
    55.2 KB · Views: 133
So is it official the weekend of July 10th then? its a tight weekend for me but I am going to try my best to make it. I have been passenger but never actually driven it!

Yup, let's go with July 10th weekend

Sounds good! Hopefully our collective good behavior will allow the restrictions in place to be relaxed by then. Can we start a list in this thread of who is interested, confirmed, number of peeps, etc. to get an idea of numbers... by replying to this post and adding to the list.
In order of the thread so far:
@Antarctican
@cruiserpilot
@bladedog - 2 vehicles, 4 ppl, 1 dog
@ahoelkpuravida
@604mike

PS - please pass this on

I’ve had a work schedule change. Not sure I’m going to get back.
So I’d be at the below 50% list now. Sorry.

Count me at an even 50/50 just now.

gb

We've just acquired 4 more sawmills, so I'm going to be buried in work that weekend and likely most of the summer! :bang:

We've just acquired 4 more sawmills, so I'm going to be buried in work that weekend and likely most of the summer! :bang:
We still have sawmills in BC?

My schedule is a right off. I won’t be able to make it. I’m in Ontario
land and after that is ??

We still have sawmills in BC?
Ha, well yes, but the ones we bought are in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Oregon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom