Which crossmember? (1 Viewer)

I am installing in a 40 a SBC350, TH350 and the Toyota Transfer case. The setup I acquired included the AA adapter for the transfer case but no rear crossmember. Which one would you recommend? AA has one that actual mounts under the adapter and both AA and MAF have ones that bolt over the rear cap of the transfer case.

The one that bolts over the rear cap is the most popular and acually holds the most support ,some may debate that however ive done both and both have been successfull

Last edited:

Lil'John

SILVER Star

I think some have found that the batwing style lead to more broken cases that having one mounting to the transfer case adapter.

While my first swap used the batwing style, I wasn't abusive to my rig so never had a broken case.

My last two swaps were done with an under the adapter style with a single rubber mount at the adapter. The crossmember itself was solid mounted to the frame.

I can't seem to find a picture of it installed:eek:

:clap:I've used the A/A crossmember that bolts to the rear of the transfer case for about 18 years and have had Zero problems . Done all the trails around . Rubicon , Dusy , Surprise Cyn ( when it was open ) and all the trails in and around the Desert and Mountain areas . No problems:clap:

dont use that one aa has one that mounts under the adapter it works better that one tends to pull out the stubs and other things. this one has rubber mounts for a little give:steer:
fj40 31.jpg
fj40 25.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom