Which Aftermarket Seat Covers to Buy in 2021 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After 3 months I’m still impressed with my Coverado seat covers. I think the summer heat has shrunk them somewhat for an even better fit. Before the lower lumbar had a little too much support for my liking, but it’s not noticeable anymore.

Got the coverados on which look great for seat covers. Now I’m wondering what anyone else has done to accommodate the armrests. Between the bolt hole and ratcheting mechanism I’m afraid I’d cut a hole too big.
I just picked up the Coverados for $20 at Nellis (Amazon return auction site). Really happy with them.

For the armrest I got the cover on how I wanted it, then felt for the receiver part on the side of the seat. I cut a really small hole at that spot, just big enough to get one finger through. Then I kind of stretched it out until it was big enough to fit the square tubing part of the armrest bracket through. I just shoved it until it went, then put the bolt in. Worked well.

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 7.05.16 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 7.05.28 PM.png

I’m even happier with mine after a few months. I think the summer heat broke them in making them even more comfortable.

There is also Ridies

and LSeat
Forget about LSeat, mine lasted all of 3.5 yrs and began to BADLY delaminate.

Any update on how these bad boys have held up?
I’ve had the same set for over a year. So far so good. My wife and kids use the 100 as a daily in addition to time out in the woods. My main complaint is that they use elastic bands with hooks underneath the seats so they can slide around some. I’ve had the precision fit carhartt covers in a f250 which used nylon webbing and buckles like a backpack would, that is a much better system.

Posting with the option I ended up going with for my GX470.....Leatherseats.com. These are USA-sewn. Leather on the seating surfaces, vinyl on the sides (like OEM). They were around $700 with a 10% off Black Friday coupon and have a 3 year warranty. I have the passenger side installed so far and they fit really, really well. It was a first-time cover install for me and I found the job to be really pretty easy and kind of fun (indoor, dining-room wrenching). Not sure if it's just an inherently easy job or if the seat covers fit well enough to make it easy.

FWIW, I went with these over the LSeats due to the reports of poor quality and over Ridies due to the reports of poor customer service. We'll see how they are holding up in 2-3 years. Right now they feel plush, soft, and grippy (10X better than the worn OEM leathers).
20231216_121110.jpg

Another thumbs up for the Coverados. Nice snug fit with very little bunching.

They weren't too hard to install and the armrests were easy to notch out for, I just used an electric hot knife. I use my 100 as a contractor rig and they will serve my needs well.

seats2.jpg

seats1.jpg

seats3.jpg

Last edited:
I’m about to commit to Richmond Upholstery in Houston TX.

My local interior shop had good things to say about them but first i gotta get the starter replaced!

I’m about to commit to Richmond Upholstery in Houston TX.

My local interior shop had good things to say about them but first i gotta get the starter replaced!
I’d be curious to hear how this works out, as they are semi-local to me.

I’m giving these a shot since all I need is the bottoms replaced. Will report back with some photos.

GXARTS Driver Side Bottom Replacement Leather Seat Cover Ivory Tan Compatible with Toyota Land Cruiser 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 https://a.co/d/a2ro0Qp

Yeah, noted. Not ready to jump full $$ recovery yet, could be a cost effective interim solution. We’ll see!
my big issue with these types of seat coverings is heat = sweat.

All along I've been eyeing canvass covers (south african vendor....name escapes me). they are $$ so I've been too cheap (I prefer frugal) to pull the trigger.

my big issue with these types of seat coverings is heat = sweat.

All along I've been eyeing canvass covers (south african vendor....name escapes me). they are $$ so I've been too cheap (I prefer frugal) to pull the trigger.

Post up their info when it comes to you. I too wan to do a tweed/canvas recover. I'm only needing fronts since I'm a full rear delete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom