Where to put lift in shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
30x40 with 2 10’ doors in middle at each end.

Would it be best to put a lift in the middle of the “drive through “ or off to side/corner?

2 post 10’ lift.

TIA!

Depends how you're going to use it and how many vehicles you have. Is the lift primarily for a project vehicle or will you use it for more normal maintenance on multiple vehicles.

I was very limited on space. Mine ended up in the center with vehicles driven less parked on the sides. Having said that I've had project vehicles in the air long term. Can park a daily driver at least partially under it. But I also find myself on my knees doing brakes on the floor on a DD in this scenario when rebuilding axles or suspension on a project vehicle.

I also have ADD. In a nutshell I need another lift!

I hope, once I finish this swap it’s gonna just be for maintaining my other 3 vehicles. Hahahahhaha

I guess the real question, if in middle drive through and not in use will it get in the way?

Yeah maybe play a game of "paper dolls" where you draw the barn and make rectangles the size of vehicles to make sure you'll be able to maneuver around. It's hard to visualize looking at an empty barn. To make best use of the space as you will use it.

Here is what I did.
I have a CAD program so it was fairly easy for me to insert cars, lift , cabinets etc.
I like my lift at the end, and its inline with the poles so there is not much lost space if I need to pull my cars coming in from the 'garage' side.
This barn is 36 x 48 w/12" wide doors on each end
Bobmo
Bobs Pole barn Layout.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom