Where to buy body panels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for body panel vendors. I found this page but it dates back to 2007 and most of the links don't work. The Great Cruiser Parts Link Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-great-cruiser-parts-link-thread.191314/

Who do you guys prefer? Is there one that stands out as the best, most reliable, cheapest???
Cruisercorps.com appears to have what I need in stock.
I also found CoolCruisers, SOR, citroa.com, cruisersolutions.com.
Classiccruisers has body parts but appear to all be used and out of almost everything.
Anyone with recent experience with: Marks Offroad, cruiserparts.net, fjparts.com

I think it may be like BBQ places. You don't go to one and manage to get all the meat types done correctly. You want brisket ... go to Rudy's. You want pork ribs ... go to Salt Lick. ;) So the following is just my experience with one "bbq" vendor. I've been working with a set of panels from CCOT for 1979 fj40

Great rear ambulance door patches (spot on)
Front door panels don't have the correct outside relief. Inside panel doesn't have correct depth.
Rear sill is well made but the front to back depth is greater than stock and you have to trim the bed a bit

Also check with @Pitter Patter for "real steel" thoughts.

See my thread for what I've done to work around.

Last edited:
I've gotten mine from RealSteel, but I didn't think there was anything necessarily special about them. But, I don't have anything to compare them to.

Last edited:
I too used a lot from Real Steal. Some good, some not so much. Avoid pass side floor pan, also both rockers are short about 1/2” so lotsa head scratching to come up with fitment plan. Still, it beats the thin pitted metal left yet. Did CCOT for gas tank as well. Some BTB for frame repair.
Good luck!👍

I too used a lot from Real Steal. Some good, some not so much. Avoid pass side floor pan, also both rockers are short about 1/2” so lotsa head scratching to come up with fitment plan. Still, it beats the thin pitted metal left yet. Did CCOT for gas tank as well. Some BTB for frame repair.
Good luck!👍

Yeah, I went with a RealSteal pass side floor pan, and I wouldn’t recommend it, especially for earlier 40’s with the early style t-case hump on the right.

Got real steel rockers recently and they seem to be correct length, measure at 34 1/4" which matches what I could compare too. Don't see any measurements posted anywhere. Anyone able to take some measurements for comparison? These are the early style BTW.

I also got the mid and rear beds from real steel. They will fit but not without extra work. They also do not come with any of the structural supports so you will have to buy or make them. Basically went with them because it is the cheapest 16 gauge option I saw and I am making the supports and other pieces myself. CCOT seems to be very good quality and offers more complete pieces, they are more expensive too.

I think they fixed early rocker length?? but I ordered mine a while ago and like many they sat for 1-2 yrs then found out during recent fit up they were off. I’ve got 34.63” width and panel is 34.13”. The body was so shot I cant trust any dimensions. I also ordered supports, they seem correct.

Looking for body panel vendors. I found this page but it dates back to 2007 and most of the links don't work. The Great Cruiser Parts Link Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-great-cruiser-parts-link-thread.191314/

Who do you guys prefer? Is there one that stands out as the best, most reliable, cheapest???
Cruisercorps.com appears to have what I need in stock.
I also found CoolCruisers, SOR, citroa.com, cruisersolutions.com.
Classiccruisers has body parts but appear to all be used and out of almost everything.
Anyone with recent experience with: Marks Offroad, cruiserparts.net, fjparts.com
Which panels do you need? For instance, there is a member who sells and crates new OEM front fenders.

Both corner channels if not the entire rear quarters on 1975 FJ40. Depending on shipping costs I would consider others as well. One issue I keep running up against with large vendors is the only use overnight carriers which is ridiculously expensive for Alaska delivery. USPS if far cheaper but so many wont use them.

Does anyone sell rear quarter panels with the hard top lip? Heritage/Iron Pig used to way back but don't recall seeing any lately.

I will be looking for some replacement metal too for a 1975. Rear sill, rear quarters and at least partial rear floor. Keeping an eye on this.

I'm needing the same things plus the floor pans. I'm considering a new body from Aqualu.

I used a combination of Real Steal and CCOT. If I did it again I would use CCOT only. Both require some fitting but CCOT fit a bit better and more complete with bracing and pre drilled holes with captive nuts welded on. They also use an anti-rust zinc coating on a lot of their parts which is nice. Def more expensive though.

I used CCOT stuff for my BJ42 resto: all the rear tub parts, as well as door skins/lower section parts. No issues (even with their Taiwan fenders!). The resto took place at a Toyota dealership in Germany, in 2006.
In 2023, I might consider/combine with other options mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:
I'm about to have to buy a few things. Floor pans, rear corners, corner channels, at least. Even though they are a lot more expensive, I think I'm going to try CCOT this time. I wasn't really impressed with Real Steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom