Where is the low pressure port to vintage air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

I’m trying to find the low pressure port on a vintage air setup (installed by previous owner) and can’t find it anywhere. There is a line directly from the compressor to the evaporator but no charging port.

I have a bottle of A/C Pro and trying to test the system and recharge if needed.

Definitely a newbie question but would appreciate any insights before I break something!

IMG_9951.jpeg

IMG_9952.jpeg

IMG_9953.jpeg

According to my brother, it is under the cover on the Suc (top) port on the back of the compressor.

According to my brother, it is under the cover on the Suc (top) port on the back of the compressor.
Interesting. I did try that before posting on here but the fitting wouldn’t connect. It’s a can of A/C Pro, for what it’s worth.

Interesting. I did try that before posting on here but the fitting wouldn’t connect. It’s a can of A/C Pro, for what it’s worth.

Again, according to my brother, if the can has quick connect it may not fit without an adapter. Older systems have threaded fitting and newer systems have quick connect. You'll need an adapter to connect a threaded fitting to a quick connect.

Here was my solution on an older Sanden compressor.Adapter from compressor to run a new fitting with low port.Ran a slip type fitting not a crimp hose, have not noticed any leaks.
0520231855.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom