Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So far, only as far as Baja. Only had the truck since November 2013 though. I have had it to JV for KoH in early 2014. Been to the sand dunes in Saint Anthony, Idaho a few times and some more local camping trips. Otherwise, it is a virgin! I did have an 04 Tacoma decked out that I drove 2x to Panama and back. 25,000 miles logged on those trips with the large majority of it camping out of the back of the Taco. Got the exact same plans for my 80, when it and I are ready. :)

Baja

baja cruiser3.jpg

baja cruisers1.jpg

Johnson Valley

KoH 2014 2.jpg

At the dunes....

dunes5.jpg

Cheers

2015-04-12 16.42.42.jpg
2015-04-12 16.39.16.jpg
Camping and some exploring on the az strip

image.jpg
i have had my 80 less than a year but we have come a long way with mods and resto efforts already. My few trips have been local so most notably the Rubicon trail and of course to the "cleaners"! :eek:

The cruiser performed flawlessly over 600+ miles this weekend into the Ouachita Mountains and Ozark National Forest.

First night's campsite
image.jpg

Came across a quarry while hunting for a campsite we had come across while biking The Womble Trail.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Extremely peaceful. Never saw another person. Just wildlife. We had some left over pizza we left 200 yards from the truck in case a bear wanted it. Later that night I heard what sounded like a bunch of coyotes fighting over it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Spring break road trip. Took the long way from Northern Utah to the White Mountains, Arizona.

We saw you guys at the Chaco Visitor's Center on Tuesday. We were in the gold FJ80.

Our trip below: Aztec Ruins, Nat. Monument. Fajada Butte, Chaco Canyon. Angel's Peak Campground, New Mexico. Angel's Peak.
IMG_1749.jpg
IMG_1834.JPG
IMG_1726.JPG
IMG_1728.JPG

@B Point is that mount Fuji ? Also, whats the blue tent looking thing hanging off the rear of your truck ? We want the details.
The tent is a Dac I believe, or at least mine that looks the same is. Love it, but looks like they are discontinued or at least hard to find now days in stock. :( (Was just looking at buying another one as my friend keeps stealing mine LOL. They are great)

The tent is a Dac I believe, or at least mine that looks the same is. Love it, but looks like they are discontinued or at least hard to find now days in stock. :( (Was just looking at buying another one as my friend keeps stealing mine LOL. They are great)

Do you have more pictures of the setup, some interior shots etc ?

@B Point is that mount Fuji ? Also, whats the blue tent looking thing hanging off the rear of your truck ? We want the details.

Yes...this is Mt Fuji. I do a lot of camping at the 5 lakes that are scattered around the northeast side. As Retrofive said..the tent is a DAC hatch tent. Here is another pic. I have others but will have to post later as they aren't on this computer..

09C871C6-8BF6-4A35-825C-822FF12E6B12-1137-000000D74BB4F9AE_zps98cb3882.jpg

Did you go in from the west or the east? I need to get up there again...

:cool:

East side, if you need the GPS route, let me know.

We saw you guys at the Chaco Visitor's Center on Tuesday. We were in the gold FJ80...

Yeah we saw you too, and now I'm wishing I would have been more friendly. But we were saddle sore and weary. And the grumpy park ranger had me not liking other humans at that moment. I told him were were looking to get away from the crowd and asked about camping outside the park and he treated me like I was retarded. I swear they pay those guys to be a PITA. Despite him we found a pristine spot with a spectacular view and an old fire ring that you needed high clearance to get to 10 minutes outside the park. But anyway, next time we see you we'll be sure to say hi ;)

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429104116.337254.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom