Where does this go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

blossett

SILVER Star
Threads
Where does this go?
A5A6E618-A079-4236-93AE-AB59297E4A03.jpeg

Is that this and if so where does it mount? And what’s with the other two fittings?

5A4593C5-1ECE-423A-8C13-C07D82620DFF.jpeg

D313B3E2-B5F1-4649-BE61-C01CF670D5E1.jpeg

Near port goes to the line you’ve circled. Middle goes to a small hard line on the firewall that connects to vacuum on the driver’s side. Last port connects to a big hard line on the firewall that makes its way to the carburetor… if you have a stock carb.

View attachment 2985945
Near port goes to the line you’ve circled. Middle goes to a small hard line on the firewall that connects to vacuum on the driver’s side. Last port connects to a big hard line on the firewall that makes its way to the carburetor… if you have a stock carb.
Thank you, I have a Chevy 327, can I just plug that line and delete the charcoal canister? Would that cause any problems?

You should be fine.

it should be vented, not plugged/capped. If not to the stock vapor can at least to a breather/filter.

The charcoal canister helps reduce gas fumes. If you're not smelling gas, I suppose it doesn't really matter. Leave it unplugged. Or plug it and see if you end up with a tank pressure situation that affects fuel delivery. If that happens I suppose you could drill a small hole in your gas cap. One thing to keep in mind ... you may need that canister to pass a visual smog inspection. In CA, if you're missing the charcoal canister they'll send you to prison for 30 years.

I’m in Louisiana, don’t think I have to worry about smog. Rules are nothing like CA. Can the big plastic 3 chambered thing be eliminated as well and just do a breather like on a boat?

I eliminated all that stuff a long time ago. All the lines coming out of the tank are capped. I have a sbc and a quadrajet. My other 40 has the same set up, but has all the plumbing except for the canister. The po just looped a hose to the two metal lines in the engine compartment. I may add a canister in the future to that one.

I am unsure. I think that doohickey just manages fuel vapor and it's likely only for emissions purposes. But you'll probably need some other way of managing tank ventilation if that's removed. Drive it and see. If it dies on you, take off the fuel cap and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom