Where are the reproduction panels?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at starting to pickup some panels for the soon to be resto on my BJ42. I'm out of the loop on who is making nice, decent fitting floor pans and various other tub panels these days.

What is available and from whom? Which ones to stay away from?
Thanks!

Does anyone know if the quarter panel top rails are available in the reproduction world? I see quarter skins alot but not the small rectangle channel at the top...

New Does anyone know if the quarter panel top rails are available in the reproduction world? I see quarter skins alot but not the small rectangle channel at the top...

I think the general consensus is not to mess with the top rail unless unavoidable. I had special 'fun' with poorly made full replacement quarters on an FJ40. Can you post pix of what you're dealing with that would require top rail replacement?

I did pickup complete left and right OEM front fenders from the dealer a few years ago that are waiting for the resto. Mine are still in great shape but couldn't pass up the deal.
@SW20 thanks for the heads up on real steel, their panels look well made.

What panels do you need? I’m my case by the time I added up
All the panels with shipping, duty and brokerage and the exchange rate the bill wasn’t far off a complete tub. Just an FYI. The only thing useable on my truck was The door post, rails and tranny tunnel.

CCOT rear quarter panels aren't bad, but they don't replace the rail. I used real steal rocker panels, if you can save the old panels above the door indent then they are ok. If you plan on using the whole inner and outer rocker panel replacement then you are going to be in for a ton of work getting them to fit correctly

My rails were completely shot. Between the rust and bondo that’s all that made them hold the roof on. That’s why I’m going with a Aqualu for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom