Wheeler Offroad "Superbumps" installed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One trick I have used when installing these bumpstops (this was my third set!) is to super glue the bolt into the mount first. That way you can just twist the mount on, like the OEM mounts!
Otherwise you have to fiddle with the Allen key with 1/4 turn at a time!
Very similar. I wrapped the upper part of the bolt with some tape so it would stay put while spinning the mount into place to be tightened up.

Received this from Wheelers Offroad.

The rubber will compress to about the height of shoulder.

1673546359720.jpeg

I'm tempted to buy a knock-off go pro action cam and put affix it to the underside to make a video of how the bumps engage and compress over rough surfaces.
There is a deep concrete street drainage ditch near me where the bumps made a nice improvement in ride and handling.

In my normal course of off-roading where the bump stops help is in crossing creeks that are filled with water this time of year.

I like to study how my suspension behaves over rough conditions off-road to look for ways to improve it.

To those who have cut these to be a little shorter, are you glad that you did? Is there a noticable difference? Also what tool did you use to do this?

To those who have cut these to be a little shorter, are you glad that you did? Is there a noticable difference? Also what tool did you use to do this?
I cut off mine with a hacksaw. I wish I hadn't though. My truck is stock height and there is really no need to cut them off - they don't affect the upward travel at all. I got a second pair to install on the front position and this time around I didn't cut any part and still found no issues during the install or afterwards

I cut off mine with a hacksaw. I wish I hadn't though. My truck is stock height and there is really no need to cut them off - they don't affect the upward travel at all. I got a second pair to install on the front position and this time around I didn't cut any part and still found no issues during the install or afterwards
Thanks Classy.

I did not, and would not, cut them.
That’s what I’m thinking. Mine are making minimal contact with the arm and I just don’t think it’s hurting anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom