Wheel spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those running RW wheels, and something in the 33-34" tire height, are you running spacers front and rear? From doing a bit of searching it appears that spacers are truly needed on just the front.

Any issues with rubbing either front or rear?

I am interested in the 285/75/17 Ridge Grappler (Nitto). Listed as 33.8"

Thanks!

it was my understanding you have to run wheel spacers with rock warriors

Any issues with rubbing either front or rear?

I am interested in the 285/75/17 Ridge Grappler (Nitto). Listed as 33.8"

Thanks!

Before I got my 35s I ran Cooper ST Maxx in 285/75/17 on Rock Warriors with 1.25” spacers. You will need to do a pinch weld mod to eliminate scrubbing when turning but other than that they will fit nicely.

Before I got my 35s I ran Cooper ST Maxx in 285/75/17 on Rock Warriors with 1.25” spacers. You will need to do a pinch weld mod to eliminate scrubbing when turning but other than that they will fit nicely.

Did you run 1.25” spacers on the front and back or just the front? Trying to decide what size spacer for my RW wheels on my 100

34’s here with 1” spacer on just the front.

I'm told that spacers aren't needed if you use 285/70/17 tires. I'd like to confirm that.

I'm told that spacers aren't needed if you use 285/70/17 tires. I'd like to confirm that.

Confirm it with whomever told you that. Get a pic, go take a look, crawl up under and verify. Sounds like you don't trust your source.

That said, on a 100 series a little spacer helps clearing the front suspension. I run a 1.25" Bora spacer all around. You could get away with spacing the fronts only... the front end pinches in when you lift it with the torsion bars. If you know it's the tire/wheel combo you want, buy them and strap them up, then add spacers if you find you need them. Some of these questions get so specific (tire/wheel/lift/spacer options) it's gonna be hard to get a solid answer. Not trying to bust your rear- but sometimes if it is what you want, you just gotta' jump in with both feet and make it work... then you will be the expert at that particular setup.

This thread is for Rock Warrior wheels. The front wheels require spacers no matter the size tire. The only other option is to modify the wheel’s Center bore.

Thanks, yes, I was referring to fitting 285/70/17’s on Rock Warrior wheels.

Drew- I do trust the source, but I keep reading on the forum about guys & girls using spacers (esp on the front) for RW's. I recently bought a set of RW's for my 100 and wanted to make sure I knew all I could going in. I also get what you mean about jumping in with both feet and doing what it needs to make it work; I'm game! In thinking about the spacers, is my math correct that the RW's at 50mm offset vrs stock at 60mm means they mount 10mm inboard of stock. With 1.25" spacers the net result will be that the wheel/tires will be ~.48" outboard of the stock configuration? And, will the 1.25" space effectively provide greater clearance for the RW cap to fit on the wheel?

This thread is for Rock Warrior wheels. The front wheels require spacers no matter the size tire. The only other option is to modify the wheel’s Center bore.

There you go. You need spacers. I trust Hoser.

Thanks, yes, I was referring to fitting 285/70/17’s on Rock Warrior wheels.

Drew- I do trust the source, but I keep reading on the forum about guys & girls using spacers (esp on the front) for RW's. I recently bought a set of RW's for my 100 and wanted to make sure I knew all I could going in. I also get what you mean about jumping in with both feet and doing what it needs to make it work; I'm game! In thinking about the spacers, is my math correct that the RW's at 50mm offset vrs stock at 60mm means they mount 10mm inboard of stock. With 1.25" spacers the net result will be that the wheel/tires will be ~.48" outboard of the stock configuration? And, will the 1.25" space effectively provide greater clearance for the RW cap to fit on the wheel?

Oh man, I see math and I get dizzy... I just do what ever Slee does. He's a trusted source.

As for the last question, yes the spacer will certainly give you some more room for the center caps to fit on properly. On my Tundra wheels I only needed a 1/4" or so. I have no idea how much the RW will need, but I am sure it can't be much.

Can't wait to see them bolted up man, it's gonna look GREAT!

There you go. You need spacers. I trust Hoser.

Oh man, I see math and I get dizzy... I just do what ever Slee does. He's a trusted source.

As for the last question, yes the spacer will certainly give you some more room for the center caps to fit on properly. On my Tundra wheels I only needed a 1/4" or so. I have no idea how much the RW will need, but I am sure it can't be much.

Can't wait to see them bolted up man, it's gonna look GREAT!

For real order from Slee. I ordered mine today and they shipped out today.

RW + 1.25 spacer = 18mm offset

I've personally run the Slee spacers on my wifes LX and they are top notch .. but for the RW I would go with a 1" spacer by BORA for a 25mm offset.

I would assume the Slee's (or any 1.25" spacer) were designed for the oem wheel with a 60mm offset

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
OEM wheels, no lift, mild torsion bar turn
285 65 18 tread Wright mt no spacer very slight rub at full articulation / lock
275 70 18 bfg at without spacers and with spacers no rub.
Pictures are in that order.
Now riding on Ironman suspension and 1.25" spacers.

20171124_111940.jpg

20180622_165155.jpg

20180825_172815.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom