Wheel recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ello, I am wondering what you guys are running.

I am just trying to get some ideas. I'm looking for a killer set of wheels.

I'd like to stick with 15 inch rims. I don't know what I want for the width to... (I want them to be flush with factory fender)

Lastly all I know is that I want a really aggressive stance, so I don't know if that involves 33/34/35 inch tires. (am running a 4 inch lift)

Just looking for ideas.

Stock Steelies with 33x10.5x15 and a 4 inch lift looks like this. You can buy black steel wheels and hubcaps from Toyota new today.

35s and up requires fender cutting

6034376C-63D3-4167-A365-0176A08BD385.jpeg

Another option is 15 inch wagon wheels. This truck looks like a 4 inch lift and 33s. You can buy the wagon wheels for the 60 series still, but they are silver. They can be painted white.

60C79527-0453-403B-8622-66818170EBCD.jpeg

Last edited:
Ello, I am wondering what you guys are running.

I am just trying to get some ideas. I'm looking for a killer set of wheels.

I'd like to stick with 15 inch rims. I don't know what I want for the width to... (I want them to be flush with factory fender)

Lastly all I know is that I want a really aggressive stance, so I don't know if that involves 33/34/35 inch tires. (am running a 4 inch lift)

Just looking for ideas.

What is your idea of "agressive"? High backspacing to stance it out a little? Large tire look?

37 x 12.5 x 17, 80 axle width (63.5" WMS) BFG Krawlers

20210925_172556.jpg
20211031_140052_49.jpg
20211122_143841_50.jpg

37 x 12.5 × 17 Maxxis Trepadors on TrailReady beadlocks.

20211103_084052_49.jpg

35 x 12.5 x 17 (I think, can check.) Kenda Kelver RTs.

20211103_084103_3_49.jpg

Same, new Kenda Kelver M/T's

20211105_122936_1_49.jpg

Same, General Grappler X3s.

IMG_20210802_155913.jpg

All of these have had the wheelwell moved or trimmed. You pretty much need to trim to fit 35s and above.

Pick your poison!

Last edited:
I think getting a look at your truck and how it’s sitting will also help us give an opinion

I'll try to get pictures soon, I'm currently moving everything to a different shop, as soon as everything is situated ill get some pictures posted.
As someone who has had this experience, having it at a shop is a bad idea. (Unless of course it is your shop or a shop you work at). They will definitely over charge you, maybe won’t completely know what to do on such an old car, will waste your time. I had a truck at a shop for over a year. They told me they did all this work to it, but were almost done. Then another car came in, and my car got backed up…blah blah blah…..eventually I just gave up on it, took the truck home and looked at it myself. They hadn’t done anything. If I had just started it from the beginning myself, I would have already been driving it by then, AND I would have the mechanical knowledge on how to fix it. Tools are cheaper than labor if you are having the shop do the work. Try and get your hands on the truck as soon as you can and don’t take it to shops. You won’t learn anything if it’s at a shop

I had to buy a complete set of tools myself, but it was definitely worth it. Not cheap, but worth it. Better than having the shop have it

This is a list of tools I got guidance on that other people deemed the absolute minimum to fix almost everything on my land cruiser. It should do the trick

9FF41156-6159-4B6F-BFB2-89184CB1C248.png

As someone who has had this experience, having it at a shop is a bad idea. (Unless of course it is your shop or a shop you work at). They will definitely over charge you, maybe won’t completely know what to do on such an old car, will waste your time. I had a truck at a shop for over a year. They told me they did all this work to it, but were almost done. Then another car came in, and my car got backed up…blah blah blah…..eventually I just gave up on it, took the truck home and looked at it myself. They hadn’t done anything. If I had just started it from the beginning myself, I would have already been driving it by then, AND I would have the mechanical knowledge on how to fix it. Tools are cheaper than labor if you are having the shop do the work. Try and get your hands on the truck as soon as you can and don’t take it to shops. You won’t learn anything if it’s at a shop

I had to buy a complete set of tools myself, but it was definitely worth it. Not cheap, but worth it. Better than having the shop have it

This is a list of tools I got guidance on that other people deemed the absolute minimum to fix almost everything on my land cruiser. It should do the trick

View attachment 2849896
I'd add:

- hand held vacuum pump

- Dremel tool and attachments

- at least one more torque wrench (inch-pounds)

- two Vice-Grip pliers, small and medium

- wire harness connector pin removal tool set

- hammer with both plastic and hard rubber heads

- X-Acto knife and various blades

And there are probably many more.

View attachment 2849896
It's on of my fathers friends. I'm paying like $200 a month. He has a big enough air compressor where I can spray. Not only that it has a paint booth, part cleaner, sandblaster, and other stuff.

I wanted it there because it is heated, and I'm not going to have it taking a stall in my garage anymore.

Just a place to work really.

Stock Steelies with 33x10.5x15 and a 4 inch lift looks like this. You can buy black steel wheels and hubcaps from Toyota new today.

35s and up requires fender cutting

View attachment 2849583
Another option is 15 inch wagon wheels. This truck looks like a 4 inch lift and 33s. You can buy the wagon wheels for the 60 series still, but they are silver. They can be painted white.

View attachment 2849595
Do you happen to know the part number for the 15" black steel wheels from Toyota?

42601-60072 I think
Thanks!

Based on that, I was able to find several dealers with some good holiday prices on them ($117 per wheel). Also will need the front and rear hub caps:

Part #:
Rear Hub cap 42621-60010
Front Hub cap 42621-60020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom